Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Grey Wanderer

West Pennines Tour

Post by Grey Wanderer »

There is a copy of the West Pennines Tour in Documents on www.campra.org.uk. It has been sent to some 24 councillors for places along the route and to members of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

We are getting some enthusiastic responses from the East Cumbrian towns, one of which is now planning an Aire. (can't say more at this point).

At the end of the Tour Report is an overview itinerary. On it I have identified a lot of potential locations, public car parks or pubs, sports clubs, village halls, markets etc. that have car parks or other spaces that could become Aires or overnight parking, pubstops etc. The next step of our work is to email all these locations (and find out their email addresses) with the relevant documents from our Templates library and Documents folder.

For this I need help, I did all this myself for the Cumbrian Coast Tour, its fairly straight forward but it takes some work and time in googling and editing and sending emails. there may be other opportunities you can spot, you can find out a lot from Google Maps satellite view.

If anyone wants to volunteer to help please PM me.