Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Triassic

Northwest Coast 300

Post by Triassic »

I know that @Grey Wanderer is working on creating a Cumbria West coast motor home route, with the aim that it will link into a Northumberland route or the Dumfries coastal route.

My thoughts are that the Northwest coast route would start at Chester, then down the Wirral peninsular to Liverpool, then follow the coast to Formby, Southport, Tarlton, Preston, Garstang, Latham, St Anne’s, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Preesall, Glasson Dock, Lancaster, Morcambe, Boulton le Sands, and finally Milnethorpe, Sandside and Arnside.

So can anyone start the ball rolling by suggestion places along the route to park and sleep overnight?
potty

Re: Northwest Coast 300

Post by potty »

Overnight parking at Southport(Pleasureland), Lytham St Anne’s (parking and Elsan on different sites), Fleetwood.

All except Southport on camping contact.
DLo

Post by DLo »

Is the Roodee carpark at Chester still an option ?
Attachments
Roodee.jpg
Roodee.jpg (56.82 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
I travel for travel's sake.
The great affair is to move.
Robert Louis Stevenson.
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Yes, I’ve been discussing the route from Bootle up to Arnside. But presently concentrating on Northern Link Tour to connect Cumbria and Northumberland Coast Tours. Should be going out to authorities in the near future.

Happy if you wanted to take on the West Coast from Chester to Arnside. If you want it I can provide a word version of the Cumbria tour to convert to suit the other route. That should save a lot of work. Don’t worry too much on trying to fit the route to existing facilities. The purpose of the exercise is to establish a route giving a raison d’etre for new Aires by highlighting opportunities and possibilities. Which takes a fair bit of research.

You’ll also have quite a bit of research to do to identify suitable contacts in the numerous Counties and Boroughs along the route, discover their roles and vested interests, and areas of responsibility. You can find this info. on councils . gov websites.

I left this one for a while as a lot of the seaside towns are already destinations in their own right (albeit they will need all the help they can get now), and there are a fair number of existing overnight parking places for motorhomes, whereas along the other routes we’ve started there are hardly any.

If you want to press on and want an editable copy please send me a pm on messenger.
Steve

Post by Steve »

We are trying to get the old ferry port at Fleetwood as a Camping-car park Aire this would be a great place enroute
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Post by Steve »

Runcorn project
OUR STRATEGY DOCUMENT IS WORKING 👏👏

We have had several positive contacts from people who have received our strategy document.
This is a letter from the Unlock Runcorn Project lead following an email with the strategy document.
Very encouraging and it shows that if we all campaign we will get heard 👍👍
So PLEASE add you comments to the “mytown” initiative.

Dear Steve

Thank you for your email to Sue Andrews, I am the project lead on Unlock Runcorn and I would like to have further discussions about your request. We have just completed a public consultation and there were several comments re overnight parking. With this in mind I would like to glean some further information from you if possible so we can increase the possibilities of including a quality offering into our works. I am on site all this week so not able to speak but if we could talk / zoom next week that would be a helpful process for us. Let me know your preference and a few dates/times and I will be back in touch with you. I also believe our offering will fit really well for motorhomers so I am hoping this will be mutually beneficial.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team