Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Grey Wanderer

News from Cumbria

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Hi Ian,

We had our Cumbria-wide Motorhome Management Group meeting earlier today and I’m aware that you are already in dialogue with the Chair Gemma Procter and others from the group about many of the issues that you raise below. Allerdale Borough Council are working to coordinate our actions when it comes to motorhomes with the other partners in the group so that we adopt a consistent approach across the County. We will shortly be writing to businesses across Allerdale to ask them to consider establishing / expanding sites that accommodate motorhomes given the expected levels of demand this summer and I’m pleased to report that we have received a number of enquiries from businesses looking to establish / expand their facilities following the recent breakfast briefing that you attended. We will shortly be publishing a dedicated motorhome information page on our www.visitallerdale.co.uk website listing places to stay and things to do in the area. The page will feature the new Cumbrian Coastal Route that will be launched in the near future.

I know that Gemma and others are appreciative of the input that Campra is having into the work that the group is doing and I’m sure that it will translate into a better experience for the motorhome owners that we will welcome to Cumbria later this year and in future years.

All the best.

Joe

Joe Broomfield | Tourism Development Manager