Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Steve

South Hams

Post by Steve »

Post re South Hams

Hi everyone. I have been in touch with South Hams District Council (SHDC) to discuss their policies on Motorhome and Campervan (MHCV) parking. Just to put you in the picture the SHDC area stretches from Dartmouth in the east to Plymouth in the West and up to the Boundary of Dartmoor National Park in the North. Parts of SHDC is allocated as an area of outstanding natural beauty. I live in this area and like the rest of the popular destinations was inundated with visitors last summer lots of whom arrived in MHCVs. The council is in the process of putting together a strategy to facilitate our community.
I pointed them to the CAMpRA website and via MS Teams we went through the group's aims and objectives. The meeting was very fruitful as I learned a lot about their constraints as well as informing them of how we as MHCV owners operate when holidaying e.g. wanting to be near towns and villages to park overnight similar to the Aire system they have in France. I raised the fact that SHDC owned a lot of car parks with coach parking, and they hadn't thought of this as part of their strategy.
The outcome is that they will keep me informed of any progress towards providing facilities for us and I offered my services if they needed me. The meeting was very positive and I hope SHDC will look at us in a favourable light.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
mjjordan

Re: South Hams

Post by mjjordan »

Hi Steve, just a thought on this one - shouldn't South Hams be in South West area - it is Devon !