Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Steve

Looe in Corwall

Post by Steve »

Post by Peter Kinver
Last week I emailed our local councillor with regard to providing a few overnight motorhome spaces in our local Millpool car park in Looe, Cornwall. Especially now due to Covid and the restricted foreign travel and the expectation that Cornwall might be over run this summer when we are allowed out of lockdown. I wrote my own letter and also added a couple of the templated documents from this site. This is the second time I have suggested this. The first time twelve months ago Cornwall Council flatly refused. However, this evening I have heard back from my councillor who has agreed with me that this could benefit our town, I have also received an email from a member of Cornwall council who has seemingly agreed that it's time for a change in attitude towards motorhomes, and that they have recognised the problems ahead due to Covid. Apparently my email has been forwarded to the relevant people for consideration. I don't expect much, but at least I have had a little more success than last time. Fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Krisryn

Re: Looe in Corwall

Post by Krisryn »

Also sent my own email regarding the provision of "Aires" in Cornwall to Phil Mason at Cornwall CC and Malcolm Bell at VisitCornwall. No reply as of yet from Malcolm Bell but had this reply from Phil Mason's team:

Good afternoon Mr Ryan
I am writing on behalf of Phil Mason to acknowledge receipt of your email the content of which he has noted. Phil is in discussions with colleagues about this suggestion and would like to thank you for the information provided.
Kind regards
Judy Howard | Phil Mason’s office
Cornwall Council | Economic Growth and Development
Email: judy.howard@cornwall.gov.uk | 07484 908669

Small steps :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

See post on this week zoom meeting, this is what we are to trying to get a zoom meeting to get them engaged.
viewtopic.php?p=1621#p1621
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Stephen Peacock

Post by Stephen Peacock »

Just got this response.

Dear Mr Peacock, Thank you for your email and I note that you have sent a similar email to Councillor Hannaford on this matter. She has requested a Town Council view on his matter so it has been placed on a council agenda for consideration. When this has been completed we will reply to you, hope this helps

Regards

Councillor Armand Toms
Looe East and St Martins

Show more