Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Phileas Fogg

Re: Cornwall Council Proposals

Post by Phileas Fogg »

Steve
I only just read your post so sorry, no, I am not in the SW group.
Since the election the senior Councllor I was talking with and about to meet has lost his seat out and as you know the Council has now changed to Conservative control so a step back I am afraid. I have also been talking to the local MP.
Recently travellers took over one of the park and rides in Truro causing its closure and they left leaving rubbish everywhere, what influence this has had on opinion we wait to see.
I will keep quietly pushing away and eventually am sure something will be achieved, can't help thinking though the subject may have gone to a lower position in the Council in tray with G7 about to happen.
Steve

Re: Cornwall Council Proposals

Post by Steve »

No problem, just as a note the presence of motorcaravans can deter travellers as they do not like to mix.
But it’s something that we cannot control and unfortunately if the councils provided traveller parks like they provide coach parks and lorry parks they could manage the situation.

They are in a similar situation to us but unfortunately they do themselves no favours by leaving the place in a mess.
It must be a deliberate protest against having no facilities otherwise why else would they want to alienate themselves?

But on a more positive note our focus should be on the small visitor attractions in Cornwall, especially the ones off the main routes who are struggling to survive and attract tourists.

A simple water and waste point would put them on the motorcaravan touring map and attract year around visitors, if they have a car park getting a 5 van license via our exemption certificate route is simply completing an online form.
Normally 6 weeks but one has just been issued in 1 week.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team