Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Madwitch

Cornwall Radio

Post by Madwitch »

Following lots of letters from CAMpRA members, I've just done a 5 minute interview for Cornwall Radio which will be aired on Thursday 18 March just after 7am, with hopefully a response by Cornwall Council just after 8am. They are also going to do a phone in tomorrow afternoon. If anyone in Cornwall has the ability to record this (especially the Council response) we can maybe find a way to get it on here?
Steve

Re: Cornwall Radio

Post by Steve »

Chief Exec Visit Cornwall Malcolm Bell still thinks campsites are the better option, he does not see the need to develop a network of aires. Clearly not done his homework, and has no concept of the huge number of motorhomes and campervans in Europe, who would visit the UK if it had a network of aires.

If you feel like educating him on the benefits email below.

mal@visitcornwall.com
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Post by Steve »

Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Carol 47

Post by Carol 47 »

I emailed a councillor and got this reply from Rob Nolan.....
Thank you for your email.
As a Council our experience of Campervan’s has not been good, with our Parking Enforcement Officers having been assaulted, their vehicles vandalised and waste left behind. But I accept that this is a minority of Campervan owners, and the majority are just looking for a quiet relaxing holiday ‘away from it al’.
I also recognise that Campervans and Motorhomes are an increasingly popular sort of holiday, and that we don’t have enough sites in Cornwall, at present.
That’s why I’ve pushed the Council to look into opening up some of our Car Parks and Public Open Spaces for overnight stays. The team working on it hope to have recommendations ready shortly, and in place in time to start for the May Bank Holiday.
I’ve put them in touch with CAMPRA. In the hope that CAMPRA can publicise this to their members.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cornwall again in the future.

So I thanked him with this reply...
That's great news. As you say there is good and bad behavior in all walks of life but its great that you are not painting all motor homers with the same brush. After all the more parking that is available, both overnight and daytime, the less reason there is for conflict.
I am a member of campra so I will put your reply on their FB page. I am sure that their members will be encouraged by your reply.
Phileas Fogg

Post by Phileas Fogg »

I am in touch with Cornwall Council who are currently carrying out a review of motorhome parking. Offered input to the review but it is not a public document. That is what my £325 a month Council Tax is for then.
The man you want is geoffrey.evans@cornwallcouncillors,org.uk he is in charge of the enquiry according to me local MP.