Merthyr Tydfil

Regions in Wales
Yorkcov

Merthyr Tydfil

Post by Yorkcov »

Hi
Just bringing this to the group's attention in case anyone is able to run with it: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ry-to-life
Alan
Steve

Re: Merthyr Tydfil

Post by Steve »

Sent strategy document to the Architects
Good morning, we would like to make you aware of our group and I have attached our motorcaravan tourism strategy report for your files.
We see that you are involved in the Merthyr Tydfil project and as Architects should be aware of the lack of provision for the UK’s 357,000 motorcaravans not to mention 2million in mainland Europe.
The UK are losing out on a potential £850,000,000 annual spend in local businesses.
Please feel free to share the document or any other files from our website resource library with your clients.
www.campra.org.uk
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Europa

Post by Europa »

The chair of this new foundation is Geraint Talland Davies. He has had an illustrious career as a journalist and broadcaster before embarking on a number of rolls with in Civic, arts and media projects across Wales. There is currently no way of contacting the new foundation other than through the Architects. Please be aware that this is a 20 year strategic plan and is unlikely to bear fruit in the near future. Having said that, the current set up does operate as a visitor attraction with a large parking area. It is close to the Taff Trail walking and cycling route from Brecon to Cardiff and currently has no overnight provision. Once Covid lockdown restrictions are lifted, no doubt the Local Authority which owns the site will be keen to generate some income.

Within a few miles of the site is Bike Park Wales , a premier mountain biking venue which again has no overnight facilities.

Please let me knowmif you would like me to look into contacting anyone re this.

https://www.visitmerthyr.co.uk/things-t ... nd-castle/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thank you and yes please do make contact if possible local knowledge is key to some of these groups and its always worth an email or phone call if anyone is manning the phones
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Europa

Post by Europa »

Will see what I can do.