Outer Hebrides
Orkney
Shetland
Moray
Aberdeenshire
Biggarmac

Cairngorm mountain

Post by Biggarmac »

This is an extract from the latest update from the mountain resort. The full update is on the link below.

We are also delighted to have got to the stage of submitting a planning application for campervan facilities at Coire Ciste. Staff have been working with colleagues in the CNPA to work-up this project and we very much hope to be in a position to provide this new facility in the coming months.

This has been an incredibly challenging winter for all, and we are thankful to everyone who has supported us during this time. We look forward to seeing you for an enjoyable summer at Cairngorm Mountain very soon.

https://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/res ... nt-update/
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Cairngorm mountain

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

Reference 21/01402/FULL
Alternative Reference 100382515-001
Decision date. Mon 12 April 2021
Decision. Called in by CNPA

Determination Deadline Mon 24 May 2021

www.eplanningcnpa.co.uk

Call-In letter to Agent/Applicant: 12 April 2021.

Application Number: 2021/0112/DET
Development Proposed: Reconfiguration of existing car park and provision of
infrastructure for camper van overnight facility

Location: Cairngorm Mountain Ciste Car Park Glenmore, Aviemore,
Highland PH22 1RB

The Cairngorms National Park Authority considered the above application under their Call-in
powers on 12 April 2021.

The decision is that the above planning application raises a planning issue of ‘general significance’ to
the Cairngorms National Park aims under section I of the National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000. As
such the Cairngorms National Park Authority has Called-in the above application from Highland
Council and will now be the deciding body for the application. The aims of the park are as follows:
a) to conserve and enhance the natural and cultural heritage of the area,
b) to promote sustainable use of the natural resources of the area,
c) to promote understanding and enjoyment (including enjoyment in the form of recreation) of
the special qualities of the area by the public, and
d) to promote sustainable economic and social development of the area’s communities.
The application raises a planning issue of ‘general significance’ to the park aims for the following
reasons:
Application is for a new campervan facility at Cairngorm Mountain which is considered a significant
visitor attraction in the National Park, the application is therefore considered to raise issues of
significance to the collective aims of the National Park.
Under the CNPA Standing Orders, as the agent/applicant you are given the opportunity to request
to address the Planning Committee in support of your application. However, this is at the discretion
of the Planning Committee. All requests to address the Planning Committee in respect of this
application must be made in writing and/or by email to planning officials at the CNPA by , which is
28 days from the call in date.
14 The Square, Grantown-on-Spey, Moray, PH26 3HG
Tel: 01479 873535 Fax: 01479 873527

Page 2 of 2
You will be notified of the date of the Planning Committee in due course.
Please also note that the information in your planning application will appear on the Planning
Register and the completed forms and any associated documentation will also be published on the
Cairngorms National Park Authority’s website.
All Called In applications are normally determined by the Planning Committee. It is important that
good quality presentation material is shown to Members to aid their consideration of the proposals.
To this end, you are advised that the case officer may be in contact to request the submission of
additional drawings and/or illustrations to include in their presentations.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us using the below
details and quoting the application reference number.

Yours faithfully,

Planning Support Team

(The application is not allowing any public comments on line, but their email address is planning@cairngorms.co.uk ) I have sent a supportive email, and ended it with I allow these comments to be posted online when allowable.
Last edited by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P Simpson
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Good Morning

I was following this application under Highland Council Planning Applications Ref 021/01402/FUL , and saw it was Called -In on Monday 12th April from Highland Council to CNPA. (ref 2021/0112/DET)

Currently, the application shows;
Comments may not be submitted at this time.
This notifies the Park Authority of proposed work or development where the regulations do not include statutory consultation or the ability to take into account representations and therefore comments are not invited.

In my defence, i would like to say the following;

Staycation 2020 saw a massive increase in the purchasing and Hiring of Motorhomes and Campervans, due to COVIDD-19 restrictions. Staycation 2021 looks to be a similar occurrence.

We have read in the papers and seen on tv, the numerous reports/complaints about 'dirty campers.' Most of theses have wrongly been aimed at the easiest target, - Motorhomes & campervan owners. .

The detailed 'Site Layout Plan' submitted 12 April shows, the Applied for Ciste Campervan Parking area, will only be operational from May to 31st October, therefore have no impact on any skiing season.

It also shows details of ;
The location of the Chemical Disposal Point, and associated safe grid chamber for discharging into the tank.
The Litter and Recycling Point.
The layout of the separate Campervan and Motorhome bays.
The Coded Gate entrance to this complex.

(Presumably as they are supplying a CDP, they will also be supplying a hose for rinsing out out Chemical Toilet cassettes. A separate hose for refilling our internal fresh water tanks would be appreciated).

I have read the Supportive letter submitted by Cairngorm Mountain Scotland. They state this is a Phase 1 proposal that can be improved on as more revenue is generated in future years, and the Cairngorm Masterplan is realised.

Items 3, 4, 5,6, explains their concept and related actions perfectly, and I have no difficulties with them.

The Call in Letter to the agent/Applicant references

planning issue of ‘general significance’ to the Cairngorms National Park aims under section I of the National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000. As such the Cairngorms National Park Authority has Called-in the above application from Highland Council and will now be the deciding body for the application.

This Act shows that Section 1 related to The National Park aims which are;
a) to conserve and enhance the natural and cultural heritage of the area,
b) to promote sustainable use of the natural resources of the area,
c) to promote understanding and enjoyment (including enjoyment in the form of recreation) of the special qualities of the area by the public, and
d) to promote sustainable economic and social development of the area’s communities. The application raises a planning issue of ‘general significance’ to the park aims for the following reasons: Application is for a new campervan facility at Cairngorm Mountain which is considered a significant visitor attraction in the National Park, the application is therefore considered to raise issues of significance to the collective aims of the National Park.

This initially is what is termed a Secure Stop-over location with services. (see attachments)

I wish to at this point declare my membership of CAMpRA ( Campaign for real aires in the UK)
, http://www.campra.org.uk

I would be happy for these comments to be added to the application, when allowed.

Yours Sincerely

Mr Paul Simpson
7 Newtown Crescent
Newtownards
N Ireland
BT23 7GP

pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

The two documents submitted were;
CAMpRA Overnight Parking Sites.pdf and Types of Aire.pdf

20/04/21; Update. These two documents and my email of 15th April have now been added to the Application Documents.
P Simpson
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

So far only one objection .

A Mr Allan McGuire.
20 April 21;

" There is enough camp sites around and this car park is an overflow from the main site."
"To do this would inhibit its use for walkers and skiers alike".

I dont think he has looked at the Site layout plan. It distinctively states the Ciste Campervan Parking will only be from May till 31st October. Therefore outside of skiing season.
P Simpson
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

He probably resists all change. I would hope it will be available to Motorcaravanners who are also skiers in the ski season. Many Alpine resorts have aires for their skiers.
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Just received email notification that The Cairngorms National Park Planning Committee will consider the application at their next meeting which starts on 14th May 2021 at 10am, Public Virtual Meeting via Video Link.

The recommendation is for the application is to Approve.

A link to a Live stream of the planning committee meeting on the day will be at

https://cairngorms.co.uk/working-together/meetings/.
P Simpson
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

The Planning Committee met this morning, Friday 14th May at 10am.
After a lengthy view of members thoughts and then discussion, it went to the vote.

13 in favour of the application and 4 against.

We may see Restrictions as Gavin Miles suggested a 3 year trial period.
P Simpson
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Attached are the two Decision Notification letters of 21st May 2021.
(this also includes the relevant Conditions to be discharged prior to commencement of the development).

The applicant has three years from this date to commence work.
Attachments
2021_0112_DET-NOTIFICATION_OF_DECISION_TO_APPLICANT_AGENT-100173094.pdf
(221.01 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
2021_0112_DET-DECISION_NOTICE-100173123.pdf
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
P Simpson
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

The Aire at Coire na Ciste opened a couple of weeks ago. Its a great location.

When we were last there (June?) it was free, no facilities, great views, peaceful, and there must have been 30+ vans there.

We welcome the improved facilities though it is a bit expensive at £15/night but the booking system is limiting the ability to turn up and is too restrictive and numbers are massively down.

I suspect booking requirements will change

http://parkswatchscotland.co.uk/2021/09 ... VwzFQsC3Io
Steve

Post by Steve »

Maybe a bit of advice about the way touring motorcaravans travel would be welcomed and they could allow booking up to time of arrival or maybe a few hours before arriving.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team