Inverclyde
Argyll & Bute
Perth & Kinross
Angus
Steve

Fife council say 3m spacing

Post by Steve »

post from Graeme Braid.
Fife Coast and Countryside trust are saying 3m spacing.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Fife council say 3m spacing

Post by Steve »

post from Graeme Braid.
Fife Coast and Countryside trust are saying 3m spacing.

Reply regarding stopover at Lomond hill's in Fife.

Thank you for your email regarding the use of Motorhomes at East Lomond Carpark (Mast Carpark) and Craigmead Carpark which I will try to answer.

If your vehicle has a valid MOT, is taxed and insured you are permitted to park overnight in an Unregulated Public Car Parks which East Lomond and Craigmead Carpark are. However, these carpark and location were only ever designed to facilitate daytime usage and I would not want to encourage a hybrid car park/camp sites at peak periods something that this site will never be designed for. It’s worth noting that a motorhome falls within the definition of a caravan in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and the Caravan Sites Act 1968 (amended). Therefore, any individual or organisation offering overnight stops for motorhomes in the UK must do so in compliance with the Caravan and Control of Development Act 1960. Without a license or exemption, individuals and organisations are breaking the law. Therefore, historically many carpark owners (private & local authority) have erected signage at their Unregulated Public Car Parks to forbid what many term as Freedom Camping. Thus, being seen to indemnify themselves from breaching legislation and to dissuade overnight parking.

Freedom camping without the landowner’s permission can be dealt with by civil law action in relation to the vehicle/operator owner, however this can be costly and counterproductive as the process takes time to implement and, freedom camping is transient by its nature. In layman’s terms legislation is out of date and change is long overdue.

In the future we are we are looking to implement a scheme for both sites that permits limited overnight parking to motorhomes using a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) system for a small fee and we are currently in the process of drawing down funding to make some adaption. This will possibly help facilitate service for the disposal of black waste, grey water and overnight access to the toilet blocks. However, we must undertake quite a bit of groundwork prior to this being achieved. The PCN scheme is designed to prevent a free for all and unsafe overnight parking practices as I am sure many motorhome owners have witnessed at a number well know locations in Fife.

Therefore in the meantime should a service user wish to park overnight at any given location I would ask that the consider the following: 1) Is the road to my destination easy to use (Craigmead & East Lomond are challenging) 2) If there is already 3 Motorhomes on site is it acceptable to park over night 3) Take all your waste home (The bins and our resources are only designed for day time users) 4) Sites such as Craigmead and East Lomond do not have palatable drinking water 5) When parking overnight make sure you are 3 metres away from any other motorhome. In addition to the considerations Motorhome users must not dispose of any Black or Grey Waste into the toilet blocks, outside drains, ditches, rivers or streams.

Please feel free to post this on to any social media platform or forward to any third party however I would request that my email is not abbreviated or summarised and should anyone have any further questions to contact me and I will endeavour to respond.
Biggarmac

Re: Fife

Post by Biggarmac »

This is the contact details for the Fife coast and countryside Trust.

Please feel free to post this on to any social media platform or forward to any third party however I would request that my email is not abbreviated or summarised and should anyone have any further questions to contact me and I will endeavour to respond.
Yours Sincerely
Robbie Blyth
Head of Operations - Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
Email: robbie.blyth@fifecountryside.co.uk
Telephone: 03451 55 55 55 ext. 444981
Mobile: 07940774065
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

Good discussion with Robbie Blyth. Fife C & C have some funding to put in facilities for us. They are still at the planning stage but it all looks very positive.
AndyBeck

Post by AndyBeck »

Stumbled across Larick campsite, just opening up near Tayport, opposite side of the bay from Dundee.

Okay, just another campsite but importantly for us, this one is happy to offer water services for £5.

Staying is a little more at £20/night but facilities are state of the art and there's a cafe next door.

https://larickcampsite.org.uk/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Andy can you add to Searchforsites as a campsite offering waste point please?
If yiu have a photo of the sign showing waste point available I will add it to our gallery?