Oxfordshire
Surrey
West Sussex
Hampshire
Isle of Wight
Abingtom

Oxford P&R

Post by Abingtom »

Is anyone in Oxford? I wrote to Tom Hayes cllrthayes@oxford.gov.uk, who is cabinet member for car parks, but had no reply. There is unofficial provision at Redbridge in the lorry park, but the notice does forbid overnighting even though people do it.

A local resident may have more luck.
OneGirl

Re: Oxford P&R

Post by OneGirl »

Hi, I'm new to this so still finding my feet with this forum and the campaign. I live 5 miles north of Oxford and 3 miles from Blenheim Palace. I'm fairly new to the area so not really too familiar with other areas of Oxford as yet but I'm proactive and willing to help as needed. It might be worth focusing efforts towards Pear tree P&R or Oxford Parkway (2 miles from me). It has been in the local news lately of plans to resite Oxford United Football Ground to the area at Stratfield Brake. This would impact on traffic in the area and so there may be an opportunity to accommodate an aire if they plan any developments at the P&R. Currently a lot of area is taken up with a Covid testing centre and the car park still isn't full to capacity. Any suggestions on how I can help effectively?
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Hello and welcome! Durham P&R are about to allow motorhomes on their site at Belmont. They struggled for a while about the changes required to the Traffic Regulation Orders which govern the parking and we supplied them with our own version of a TRO which they have now adopted. In the first instance, see if you can find out who the manager is and provide him with our Briefing Document - which was specially written for Councils. It's always a slow process and we just need to keep on at these people. If they show interest, then it might be an idea to put them in touch with Durham P&R - we can supply contact details. It might also be worth seeing if they would be amenable to a SOTHO (Sleep Out To Help Out) - where 6-8 motorhomes stay for a night or two and demonstrate what lovely, responsible people we are and how much we spend when we are out and about! Good luck!
Steve

Post by Steve »

OneGirl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:40 am Hi, I'm new to this so still finding my feet with this forum and the campaign. I live 5 miles north of Oxford and 3 miles from Blenheim Palace. I'm fairly new to the area so not really too familiar with other areas of Oxford as yet but I'm proactive and willing to help as needed. It might be worth focusing efforts towards Pear tree P&R or Oxford Parkway (2 miles from me). It has been in the local news lately of plans to resite Oxford United Football Ground to the area at Stratfield Brake. This would impact on traffic in the area and so there may be an opportunity to accommodate an aire if they plan any developments at the P&R. Currently a lot of area is taken up with a Covid testing centre and the car park still isn't full to capacity. Any suggestions on how I can help effectively?
We do have regional campaign groups, these are only visible to members but allow small groups to work on projects that may be sensitive or not ready to be made public.

If you would like to join a group I can add you ?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
OneGirl

Post by OneGirl »

That would be great, thank you.