Biaza - British Association of Zoos

This is a place to post on organisations that cover all of the UK.
Steve

Biaza - British Association of Zoos

Post by Steve »

Letter to Biaza following a positive response pre lockdown.

http://www.biaza.org.uk/

Morning Frankie, hope you are staying safe?
Our activities are really taking off with the announcements of the post lockdown roadmap, we are engaged with several councils and tourism bodies who have embraced the aims of our campaign, we even have the National Trust recognising the financial benefits of simply letting motorcaravans stay overnight (max 24 or 48 hours).
Latest DVLA figures now show over 386,000 UK registered motorcaravans and with no travel abroad yet the vast majority will be wanting to get out and visit local attractions from April 12th.
With most if the UK’s campsites fully booked for the rest of 2021 there has never been better opportunity for our zoos and parks to benefit from this huge £850 million revenue stream.
We would welcome an opportunity to engage with and your members to explain how we can help them.
I can assure you that thousands of motorcaravan owners would jump at the opportunity of supporting our zoos.
Please feel free to contact me on **** to discuss how we can support each other during these difficult times.

One thing that we cannot do is delay, we need to start communicating with our zoos NOW.
Several of our members have tried to contact their local zoos but we get no reply.
Zoos can contact us on contact@campra.org.uk or get information from our website www.campra.org.uk
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Re: Biaza - British Association of Zoos

Post by Steve »

Fast reply and very positive:
Morning Steve,

Hope you’re well! Thanks for getting back in contact. We don’t have a huge amount of office capacity for this but what I’d like to suggest is I put a paragraph on this in our weekly newsletter which goes out every Friday to people in every department of our member zoos/aquariums, asking them to contact you directly – I’ll pop the email and website you included below in that piece which hopefully will give much greater uptake. Thanks again!

Best,
Frankie
CShel

Post by CShel »

Perhaps we can script the piece she writes in that newsletter? Or check it with her before it goes?
Steve

Post by Steve »

First contact form as a result of the newsletter
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Email sent today to ZSL re use of the huge Whipsnade car park for overnight stopovers.
Pete D
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Do we have any documents to use specifically for Zoos. I would like to have another go at Cumbria Zoo at Dalton in Furness who have a very big parking area. Perhaps they wlll have someone answering mails by now.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have just modified the sports clubs and village halls template
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

PeteD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am Email sent today to ZSL re use of the huge Whipsnade car park for overnight stopovers.
Pete D
Chaser for reply sent 8th May 2021.
peedee