Drumahoe Junction (A6), Lismacarol Roundabout, Londonderry. New Service Station with dedicated Motorhome Parking Bays.

Antrim
Armagh
Down
Fermanagh
Londonderry/Derry
Tyrone
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Drumahoe Junction (A6), Lismacarol Roundabout, Londonderry. New Service Station with dedicated Motorhome Parking Bays.

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

Reference LA11/2020/0486/O
Application Received Thu 02 Jul 2020

Address Lismacarol Roundabout Land 150m East of 4 Lismacarol Road and South of 20 Tirbracken Road Lismacarol Townland Drumahoe BT47 3LS
Proposal Drumahoe Junction (A6) Services with associated facilities (including filling station, car wash, cafe, restaurant, shop, tourist information, toilets, ATM etc,); amenity/picnic area; parking (for cars, caravans and motorhomes, coaches and lorries) and associated access and landscaping.
Status Consultations Issued
Authority Decision Date Not Available
PAC Decision Not Available
PAC Decision Date Not Available

Important Dates;
Application Received Date Thu 02 Jul 2020
Application Validated Date Thu 02 Jul 2020
Latest Neighbour Consultation Date Tue 21 Jul 2020
Neighbour Consultation Expiry Date Tue 04 Aug 2020
Standard Consultation Date Mon 20 Jul 2020
Standard Consultation Expiry Date Fri 02 Apr 2021
Date Last Advertised Tue 28 Jul 2020
Latest Advertisement Expiry Date Wed 12 Aug 2020
Statutory Expiry Date Not Available
Decision Issued Date Not Available
Permission Expiry Date Not Available
Environmental Impact Assessment Received Not Available
Temporary Permission Expiry Date Not Available
Date Withdrawn Not Available

I have put a supportive comment on the planning application, and suggested both the case officer and the contractors check our website for details about various 'Motorhome Servicing Points', ass the installation of these, would be easiest at build stage.
Attachments
lismacarol.pdf
(5.84 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk on Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
P Simpson
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Motorhome Planning application - NeEw Service station complex with Motorhome parking24 as of 04/01/21.

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

My Submission, 5th January 2021, to David Dalzell, the Chartered Landscape Architect and Chartered Town Planner on the proposed application.

Mr Dalzell

As a motorhome owner, and member of http://www.campra.org.uk it is great to see the Plan of this new service station at Lismacarol Roundabout, shows HGV's, Caravans and Motorhomes will be catered for in the parking area, allowing them to park separately and avail of the services within the shopping area of the service station, including a restaurant.

It is just a pity, though, that the needs of the motorhome owners had not been taken to the next level. At Building stage, this would have been the ideal time to propose the inclusion of a "Motorhome Service Point". - the DIY Drive through option in the first attachment would be ideal. The second image of four at the bottom of the second attachment would be of similar aspect. See attachments from our group.

Whether these suggestions could be retrospectively applied for, on behalf of the Applicant, W&J Chambers Limited, I am not aware. I do note the Standard Consultation Expiry Date is 21 January 2021.
An Ideal location, if Septic draining and fresh water supply allowed would be at the end of the complex, beside the HGV Fuelling point (L) on the map plan.

Response reply received Monday 11th January 2021 from David Dalzell, Chartered Landscape Architect and Chartered Town Planner.

Hi Paul,

Thank for your email, we welcome your comments! We are very keen that this proposal should meet the needs of all users on the new A6 dualling, and there is no doubt facilities for motorhomes are sorely lacking in the North-west region generally. This is an application for outline planning permission and the site layout is indicative at this stage, so it is certainly not too late for us to consider your suggestion of a Motorhome Service Point on the site. Personally I think this is a great idea and I will look into how this could work on the site as you suggest. If you think there is anything else we might consider in the meantime please let me know and do keep in touch.

Thanks again for your input!

Regards,

David

David Dalzell CMLI MRTPI

Chartered Landscape Architect and Chartered Town Planner
P Simpson