Brewery Tour

General Information post not for specific country or area
Steve

Brewery Tour

Post by Steve »

Anyone want to head up a brewery tour route?
If you know of a potential brewery please contact them and post on here?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
CShel

Re: Brewery Tour

Post by CShel »

The Norfolk brewery Woodforde’s is in the popular Broads area and has a brewery tap called the Fur & Feather and allows Motorhome stopovers. It’s on SFS. Woodforde's Brewery Slad Lane, Norwich NR13 6SW
I can contact them if anyone setting up this brewery tour route would like me to.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

I will shortly be posting on the Forum about the tours.
Hopefully I will have a list of places suggested held in the main part, but this is flexible (may be hard to sort out the areas), otherwise I would post them in their relative areas straight away, and may yet be able to do that.

The main crux is they must be an Aire to qualify to be on these routes, after all we want to establish Aires, and the idea of the routes is to encourage producers to establish them.
Those that are Aires now can be listed straight away.
Any new or propposed ones can be added ASAP.
Anyway i'll be posting some rules and ideas and wanting comments as it will not be straight forward.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

What I am struggling with is where to post the main post?
How to disseminate the area posts and still manage to keep a check on them all ?

A single Tour Routes post would be good containing places to approach. Then send these out to their areas for members to write to. Then once an Aire is established have this placed on the map.

Ideas welcome!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Eddie you need to use this as the main post, if you get a few in one area then start a new topic in that area but alway keep this as the main reference.
Sian

Post by Sian »

Would it count if the Aire is a short distance away from the Brewery? Example Devizes Wharf car park allows overnight stays for motorhomes - Wadsworth Brewery is a short walk away?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yes of course, if the car park notices mentions motorcaravans then we would class it as an Aire.
If they just do not object to staying overnight then we cannot class it as an authorised overnight stop as it could be stopped at any time.

So does the car park have sign saying overnight parking allowed?
If it does send us a photo of the car park and the sign for our UK Aires gallery please?
Sian

Post by Sian »

It’s Devizes Station car park on search for sites - and there is a photo of the sign in there.

It has a separate charge for hgv, caravans etc? Although on the Devizes.org.uk site it says no overnight camping....

I’ll check with the council

Attachments
9CDE9B4C-D5A0-4ECE-8DE7-AF56FF546768.jpeg
9CDE9B4C-D5A0-4ECE-8DE7-AF56FF546768.jpeg (693.63 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Sian

Post by Sian »

wilts council have confirmed no sleeping in an6 of their car parks - even though it doesn’t say no sleeping on the sign 👎
Zoe

Heckington Windmill and 8 Sail Brewery near Sleaford/Boston Lincolnshire

Post by Zoe »

This place is just up the road from me. I did email both the Brewery and Visitors Centre during the last last lockdown and I heard nothing back. However, the brewery is back open again, serving their wonderful ales, so next time I’m passing I’ll call in for a pint and have a chat with them about the possibility of providing overnight parking etc.
Attachments
CAD86361-6FF3-48B7-9B84-DDB7C9342A81.jpeg
CAD86361-6FF3-48B7-9B84-DDB7C9342A81.jpeg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2720 times