Stackpole Estate

Regions in Wales
Steve

Stackpole Estate

Post by Steve »

Also, Mencap run a Gardens on the Stackpole estate. They have a large car park, well away from housing, in woodland. Lovely location. tea rooms and loos. They might be approachable:

https://www.stackpole-walledgardens.co.uk/

Suggestion for potential Aire if any is available contact them?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Europa

Re: Stackpole Estate

Post by Europa »

I have visited Stackpole a number of times as a National Trust member There are the Lily ponds , cafe, walks and Broadhaven beach, together with a car park. There're also holiday cottages there. I wasn't aware of the Walled Gardens being open, as a separate project, and wonder if this is a recent venture. The house itself has long been demolished. People also use the car park to walk to Barrafundle Bay and it is exceptionally busy in the summer months.

St Ishmaels Sports and Social club have an overnight facility nearby.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Europa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm I have visited Stackpole a number of times as a National Trust member There are the Lily ponds , cafe, walks and Broadhaven beach, together with a car park. There're also holiday cottages there. I wasn't aware of the Walled Gardens being open, as a separate project, and wonder if this is a recent venture. The house itself has long been demolished. People also use the car park to walk to Barrafundle Bay and it is exceptionally busy in the summer months.

Is the St Ishmaels an official Aire ?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Catwg

Post by Catwg »

Europa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm I have visited Stackpole a number of times as a National Trust member There are the Lily ponds , cafe, walks and Broadhaven beach, together with a car park. There're also holiday cottages there. I wasn't aware of the Walled Gardens being open, as a separate project, and wonder if this is a recent venture. The house itself has long been demolished. People also use the car park to walk to Barrafundle Bay and it is exceptionally busy in the summer months.

The Walled Gardens is on the National Trust Estate but is run as a separate project by Mencap Pembrokeshire. It is in quite a different area from The Quay, café and holiday cottages.

https://www.stackpole-walledgardens.co.uk/

It is not new. I live nearby.

The shop sells fresh produce grown in the gardens as well as plants (we buy a lot) and the tea rooms is a delight.

We are away at the moment but when we are home and next visit, I will ask if there would be any interest by the Charity in allowing overnighting, assuming that Christy would derive some benefit?
Catwg

Post by Catwg »

"Christy" should of course, read "Charity" in my post above. I don't know what happened there.