Disused campsite, Innellan, Dunoon

Regions In Scotland
VWann

Disused campsite, Innellan, Dunoon

Post by VWann »

Today I visited Balaclava garage, Innellan, Dunoon, because the garage is next to a small campsite that is no longer in use. It has chemical disposal and EHU, which would obviously need attention. The gentleman at the garage was able to tell me that it is owned by the same family that own McGills Buses, Greenock, an independent company. Two sons of McGills occasionally visit the garage so the gentleman at the garage is going to pass on the CAMpRA leaflet to them. The gentleman who used to look after the campsite is unfortunately no longer fit to do so. My thoughts were perhaps it could be brought back into use with help from CAMpRA, even if it was used a place where you could service your vehicle by using coin operated equipment. it is in such a lovely spot overlooking the River Clyde and could accommodate about five vans.

I have emailed Nathan Galloglay, Staycation Project Officer, Argyll & Bute Council , to again suggest that an aire could be created at the Glen Morag carpark, Dunoon. This is a large car park, which is never full. It is close to public toilets. At the moment it has several what appears to be parked up caravans that are not in use and are an eyesore. The other possibility is the car park at Inveraray could allow overnight parking. I'm sure the village would greatly benefit from it.