Helmsley stopping overnighting

General Information post not for specific country or area
Paulmold

Helmsley stopping overnighting

Post by Paulmold »

Ryedale Council stopping overnighting from end July, reasons in this Ryedale webpage

https://www.ryedale.gov.uk/information/ ... e-parking/
Jmick

Re: Helmsley stopping overnighting

Post by Jmick »

Not wanting the subject of Helmsley's overnight parking to die a death, I contacted North Yorkshire Council recently via their new website. (NYC is the very newly formed council - amalgamating many existing NY town/district councils). My enquiry was forwarded to Adrian Hamilton. I had stated in my enquiry how the vast majority of motorhome owners would never dream of practicing antisocial behaviour, many of us having bricks and mortar homes of our own in communities not unlike theirs. I mentioned the lack of nearby camping facilities, the now restricted parking times (MHs have to vacate the car park by 6.30pm), and the suggestion of a small fee to overnight in future?

Maybe if more CAMpRA members contacted him via his direct email (below), the newly formed council may begin to consider MHs again (they now cover the old Scarborough/Whitby area too).

NB I have also since sent him the 3 docs produced by CAMpRA explaining the benefits of 'aires', myth busting etc.

(EDIT: Since sending this, I am now aware that CAMpRA have been in correspondence with various members of the council regarding the review over the past year. Hopefully we'll hear something positive soon. **Also, it has been suggested to me that members please contact via NYC website, not directly to Mr Hamilton.)

I have pasted Mr Hamilton's reply to me below:

Good afternoon Mrs Micklethwaite

Thank you for your e mail I and all comments have been noted . Currently at this present time for safety reasons the car park does remain closed to overnight motor home parking . We have agreed a process for a full review of this decision however this does take time to complete . For further updates please keep a check on the North Yorkshire Web site
Regards

Adrian Hamilton

Market Towns Officer North Yorkshire Council
Mobile : 07776965348

E Mail : Adrian.Hamilton@northyorks.gov.uk