Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Grey Wanderer

Re: Whitby Again

Post by Grey Wanderer »

I invested loads of time on Whitby two or three years ago. There seemed to be some support within town council members but everything blocked by SBC. I believe at least one councillor had campsite interests. Eventually gave up and decided to wait for SBC to be abolished. Never been near the place since, I’ll only ever go back when they provide an Aire. No chance of my hobbling into town now anyway on crutches.
Wildtraks

Post by Wildtraks »

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but just back from a trip to this at area and when we visited Whitby I did notice in the marina car park, what looked like an Elsan point and definitely a fresh water point. Probably for the use of the marina but MH uses we’re using it.
Definitely signs for no overnight park ups for caravans or MH visual on the marina back car park but couldn’t see any of these signs on the other car parks
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Can you supply any sort of photograph and put this on Campra Facebook page as a post to see if we can get some interest started. Even without a photo would still be good.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Wildtraks wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:10 am Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but just back from a trip to this at area and when we visited Whitby I did notice in the marina car park, what looked like an Elsan point and definitely a fresh water point. Probably for the use of the marina but MH uses we’re using it.
Definitely signs for no overnight park ups for caravans or MH visual on the marina back car park but couldn’t see any of these signs on the other car parks
I believe it is only for owners of boats
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Looks like we need the North East Group to get organised and be more active on this.