Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
richard.dash@hotmail.co.uk

City of Gloucester

Post by richard.dash@hotmail.co.uk »

For some time now I have been trying to get some response from Gloucester City Council on the total lack of facilities for Motorhome visitors to the City and at last have made some progress. This is their latest reply:

Dear Mr Dash

Cllr Gravells raised your query with council officers and I have looked into this matter.

It is is very disappointing to see that Gloucester’s Westgate Carpark is so poorly reviewed on the Search for Sites facebook pages. We recognise that campervanners and motorhome owners do like to visit the city bringing benefits to the local economy and it is unfortunate that their experience of Gloucester’s facilities and offer is a poor one. Thank you for highlighting this to us.

So, I would be happy for an introduction to Campra – with Jack Fayter - our Tourism and Destination Marketing Manager – to explore and understand what simple improvements could be made to encourage these visitors to the city. We may not be able to invest into the facilities at Westgate, however there may be other ways we could attract this community and /or at least communicate better the offer available to them in Gloucester.

I have cc’ed Jack into this, in order for you to facilitate and introduction.

Best wishes

Philip Walker

Could I please have some guidance on how this opportunity could best be progressed as I don’t want to loose momentum.
Steve

Re: City of Gloucester

Post by Steve »

Excellent result Philip.

Can you complete our contact form or email contact@campra.org.uk

Mention that Steve has asked you to contact him.
Please includeca phone number and I will give you a call.

The best approach is to arrange a zoom or teams meeting with yourself, the council and a member of our leadership team
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Re: City of Gloucester

Post by Steve »

Any update on this ?

It may be worth forwarding this
Fleetwood-Central-Car-Park-Revenue-review-2.xlsx
(16.23 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team