Dunrobin Castle

Regions In Scotland
Steve

Dunrobin Castle

Post by Steve »

Anyone fancy contacting Dunrobin Castle we had a great visit they are very welcoming and have a huge car park suitable for overnights.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Nick

Re: Dunrobin Castle

Post by Nick »

I am currently involved in some photography work in Golspie & live near the village. Dunrobin castle have a history of being unhelpful & unless there is money in it for them directly, they will blow you off with the most insignificant of reasons. I feel dealing directly with Golspie would be of more use.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nick the money would be from a waste point or overnight parking plus both of these would attract motorcaravans in the area to divert and visit the castle thus generating more revenue from increased footfall.

This is also the attraction to any business thats away from the main tourist routes, it’s a magnet to thousands of motorcaravans.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Your realise that the NC500 goes straight through the middle?

As I mentioned the castle will not help. I do however have direct contact with Go Golspie Development Trust.

What exactly do you want & where?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yes I know Nick we visited my comments about off the main route were meant for other businesses locations, sorry I did not make it clear 👍
They have plenty of space available for an Aire, it could generate revenue and with a voucher towards entrance to the castle of spending in the cafe or shop would increase footfall.