Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire
Rutland
Northamptonshire
Lincolnshire
Sandie Weeks

Gainsborough

Post by Sandie Weeks »

I recently visited Gainsborough but couldn't park as the car parks that I could find had weight limits. I'd checked for restrictions before visiting, but they weren't mentioned on the car park information. I wrote to the council ( can't copy that here as it was via an on-line form). I received a prompt and helpful reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your complaint regarding parking facilities in Gainsborough for camper vans and larger vehicles. I am sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties when you visited on Saturday and that our website doesn’t provide enough information in regard to car parking restrictions in our car parks.

I have liaised with the team that deal with the car parks in the area and I have examined the information that is available on our website. You are correct, the restrictions regarding size and weight are not included on our website car parking page.

I have requested that the website is updated so that this is made clear for anyone planning to visit and use our car parks in the future. I have been informed that if the wheel base fits in a parking bay the overhanging isn’t an issue but I appreciate that this is not made clear.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience or frustration that has been caused by this experience. We obviously want to encourage as many visitors to the town as possible and I understand that this has not made it easy for you to visit and spend time and or money in Gainsborough.

Work is currently ongoing on the current parking strategy to improve the car park offering in the area, with a view to introduce bays for motorhome parking.

I would like to thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and for taking the time to submit your complaint.

I thanked them for their response and sent them a link to the forum business hub, which I was informed would be passed on to the car parking working party. It's refreshing to get such a quick and positive response.
Madwitch

Re: Gainsborough

Post by Madwitch »

Fantastic Sandie - well done.

Now you have contact details, would you mind sending them info of letting motorhomes park overnight? We have a briefing document for councils in the business hub, and the recent information from Fleetwood showing they received nearly £26k in income in 2022 from motorhomes staying overnight. Might as well strike whilst the iron is hot as they say!
Steve

Post by Steve »

CAMpRA are member sof the Lincolnshire motorhome working group so please feel free to mention that CAMpRA are working with Lincolnshire council to assist in capitalising on touring motorcaravans.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Sandie Weeks

Post by Sandie Weeks »

I sent the link to the relevant information when I thanked them for their response. the lady who responded to my complaint was in a customer services role.