Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Steve

Carlisle

Post by Steve »

Just been on visitor site, no campsites listed anywhere near the city or attractions.
Filled in a contact form requesting information on where to park and stay.

Good morning we have been looking on your visitor website with a view to visiting Carlisle for a few days.
We will be in our motorcaravan, unfortunately we cannot find any sites listed close to the city and as our motorcaravan is our only mode of transportation we need to be in easy commuting distance of attractions.

Could you please advise us of what provisions are available for visitors with motorcaravans ?

1) Parking suitable for a motorcaravan?
2) Places to park overnight ( fully self contained vehicle so no requirement for a campsite for 4 days)?
3) Campsites within easy commuting of the City (without a car)?

Carlisle is a place that we often pass on our way to Scotland like many other motorcaravan owners but we would love to spend a few days visiting the many attractions and sampling the shops and restaurants.

Thank you
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
RonnieRome

Re: Carlisle

Post by RonnieRome »

HI
as far as i know around here, the Turf lets in town allows overnight stays,
Newmarket Rd, Carlisle CA1 1JG
01228 515367

Also Tesco superstore sometimes has them.
I can't think of any other places that let overnight stays.
Ronnie
Keithhep

Post by Keithhep »

I think something is being missed here.
If you go to https://www.carlisle.gov.uk/Residents/C ... e-car-park you will see they have parking for MH in the castle car park on Devonshire Walk, right by the castle.
The only disadvantage seems to be they lock the car park at night, but it opens at 06:30 hrs.
RonnieRome

Post by RonnieRome »

Hi Keith,
not sure if its still allowed now,think you can park overnight now but not sleep there. was full of travellers last week when i went past,

Keithhep wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 pm I think something is being missed here.
If you go to https://www.carlisle.gov.uk/Residents/C ... e-car-park you will see they have parking for MH in the castle car park on Devonshire Walk, right by the castle.
The only disadvantage seems to be they lock the car park at night, but it opens at 06:30 hrs.