Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Grey Wanderer

Re: Cumbria Coastal Tour: Good News

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Dave, I've messaged the Malt Kiln to ask for an email address I can send a document to , but received no reply, are you able to find one?

Golf Club sounds good, but same question for these and others that I have not contacted is availability of an email address.

I have so far received no responses from any of the campsites or pubs, clubs etc. on my list. It is perhaps early days just after New Year, but in due course do you think you could follow up with some phone calls or emails to places on my contact list? I am a bit snowed up producing other Tours in the Pennines and Scottish Borders to be able to keep chasing them up.
dave_cumbria

Post by dave_cumbria »

Sorry for the delay in replying.
I need to look at the notification settings as I was not informed of your message above. It may be better to email me direct!

As I have previously stated I am not the right person to directly contact any possible sites, I have the wrong skill-set.
I am good at having a look at a site to see if it may be suitable and would be prepared to drop-in to local places to see what they think about the plans you have sent (but you haven't received a reply).

I have found an email address for the Malt Kiln (Bardsea Village Hall) themaltkiln@hotmail.co.uk
For Barrow Golf Club, enquiries@barrowgolfclub.co.uk

Kind regards, Dave.
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Thanks Dave
I’ll send something
PeteP

Post by PeteP »

We did a tour of the Cumbria coast in the autumn.
Starting from Leyland.
First night, dedicated MH parking Central Car Park Fleetwood. Loos a bit too far but this is good provision at a good price. (£5?)

Second night Walney Island. The Queens Arms at Biggar is MH friendly

Third Night The Miner's Arms, Silecroft. The caravan Park at silecroft does not take tourers but the coastal car park hasoos and would be good for overnight stops, currently prohibited.

4th night Ravenglass campsite

St Bees has a well sited campsite and a good car park. Assuming the campsite gets full MH overnight stops in the car park administered by the Campsite might be a good idea.

5th night Whitehaven, under the Lee of the old pit on the harbour. Plenty of scope for a proper Aire run by the harbour.

6th night, lovely harbourside campsite at Maryport which could be expanded.

We have a Dethleffs MH, carry two loo cassetts so are able to wild park up to about a week.

This coastal route is just waiting for publication. It could be extended south as far as Crosby (Another Place, c Anthony Gormley)

Pete