Message from member
Maybe get in quick and offer a solution of motorcaravan parking bays
Small charge to fund a waste point
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... t-20778946
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Burford

Re: Bury Port

Post by Burford »

Never seen such a twisted report about motorhome.
Motorhomes using carpark as campsite ,are the same motorhomes visitors ?
Motorhomes filling carpark stopping visitors parking ,again are the motorhomes not visitors?
Having visited this place a number of times there is a height barrier blocking off 3/4 of the carpark ,what is the problem?
It is a great overnight stop on the left next to the burgervan/cafe there is room for at least 6 motorhome dedicated spaces away from the lifeboat station and the beach front,as this area is not marked out as part of the carpark ,why can't it be a motorhome parking area, walking distance to the town centre and eating places.
Sian

Post by Sian »

The mayor is also chair of the regeneration committee - so I’ve sent an email stressing how enabling Motorhomes to park within walking distance of Burry Port would help in its regeneration (as opposed to 2.6m miles away at Pembrey).
Also that the trade would be all year round not just summer.
Pointing out the South Hams trial - as well as the business hub on the website.
That they can restrict length of stay - as well as hours of stay if say 10 til 4 is busy with locals
That if they mark out an area just for Motorhomes they can limit the numbers, and also specify where they can park
That South Hams are forecasting that they break even - even with very conservative visitor numbers
That we don’t need any extra facilities - just somewhere quiet to park for the night, ideally close to pubs, shops etc, and that we will pay for that location.

Fingers crossed!
Cambia

Post by Cambia »

Email just sent to Cllr Michael Theodoulou
Mayor at Pembrey and Bury Port Council.
Rather light a candle than moan about the darkness!!

Hello

Sad to see we can’t park easily in your area with our Motorhome anymore. We are happy to pay to park overnight especially if you have extra facilities like water, waste and rubbish disposal. We rarely use camp sites as we are self contained and don’t need to use their showers, toilets etc.

Would you please take the time to have a look at our Campra business hub which shows how we can all work together on this problem and hopefully bring some income to the area. We love eating out and always buy our food etc locally when touring.

Thank you so much for having a look.

https://campra.org.uk/business-hub/

Best wishes
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jappleyard

Post by Jappleyard »

Hiya did you ever get a response from the Burry Port Mayor. I am trying to get the Regeneration Committee to discuss the piloting of an Aire in Burry Port
Steve

Post by Steve »

Not heard anything but we now have a briefing document that outlines the benefits to them and a financial benefits of a 5 van Aire.
We also have the report from Gwynedd who are planning to provide 6 Aires and we are working with Conwy looking at Airesxin the County.
Gwynedd Motorcaravan Report.pdf
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
financial benefits v3.docx
(70.83 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Briefing document.pdf
(352.93 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Jappleyard

Post by Jappleyard »

Thanks, can't seem to open the Gwynedd and briefing documents. Financial one is fine. I am aware of the Gwynedd pilots, so if this gives more information would really appreciate if you could send me these documents. My email is janetappleyard@btinternet.com
Thanks 👍
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jappleyard wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:45 pm Thanks, can't seem to open the Gwynedd and briefing documents. Financial one is fine. I am aware of the Gwynedd pilots, so if this gives more information would really appreciate if you could send me these documents. My email is janetappleyard@btinternet.com
Thanks 👍
Emailed