Isle of Man

Madwitch

Isle of Man

Post by Madwitch »

I've put a call out to any members of the group in the Isle of Man to get involved. Also, I've put it on the Isle of Man VW Club FB page asking them to join in - there are 580 members there and I know many of them do sleep outs, so hopefully a few will take up the cause.
Brockley

Re: Isle of Man

Post by Brockley »

Anyone reading this from the Isle of Man please help in trying to improve basic facilities for motorcaravans by altering and using the pre former letters available here.

Ramsey Town Hall lead the way in providing basic facilities at reasonable cost, why can’t others?

Douglas Town Hall have just closed down a facility at Noble’s Park and actually banned local motorcaravans from parking there at all. The ‘Boneyard’ as it was known in the park has been earmarked for a change of use, they want it to become a marquee’d event venue. Their first planning attempt was turned down but I’m sure there will be future attempts (please watch out and object). Henry Bloom Noble left this land for the benefit of the people of Douglas - not for Douglas Corporation to make money!

The Councillor responsible for banning local motorcaravans owns one himself, wouldn’t you think he’d have a better understanding of local needs? They make provision for visiting competitors attending various motorsport events, yet ban locals. Henry must be rolling in his grave!

The Douglas Town Councillor responsible for this area is Stephen Robert Pitts and can be contacted at -

Councillor Stephen Robert Pitts, Douglas Town Hall, Ridgeway Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. IM99 1AD.

Please lend some weight.

Thanks,

Brockley.
Gpat

Post by Gpat »

Good afternoon. Just joined this forum.

I will try to get more involved.

Gareth
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Hello and welcome. Don't forget the leadership team are hear to help, but we've found that action from local people tends to have more clout.
thanksrealaires

Post by thanksrealaires »

Hopefully this call out to the Isle of Man members will work! :)
Irish fellow loving Campervans!
https://tarmacdriveways.ie/
Gpat

Post by Gpat »

Brockley wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 am Anyone reading this from the Isle of Man please help in trying to improve basic facilities for motorcaravans by altering and using the pre former letters available here.

Ramsey Town Hall lead the way in providing basic facilities at reasonable cost, why can’t others?

Douglas Town Hall have just closed down a facility at Noble’s Park and actually banned local motorcaravans from parking there at all. The ‘Boneyard’ as it was known in the park has been earmarked for a change of use, they want it to become a marquee’d event venue. Their first planning attempt was turned down but I’m sure there will be future attempts (please watch out and object). Henry Bloom Noble left this land for the benefit of the people of Douglas - not for Douglas Corporation to make money!

The Councillor responsible for banning local motorcaravans owns one himself, wouldn’t you think he’d have a better understanding of local needs? They make provision for visiting competitors attending various motorsport events, yet ban locals. Henry must be rolling in his grave!

The Douglas Town Councillor responsible for this area is Stephen Robert Pitts and can be contacted at -

Councillor Stephen Robert Pitts, Douglas Town Hall, Ridgeway Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. IM99 1AD.

Please lend some weight.

Thanks,

Brockley.
Just an update on this. I was talking to the parks manager last week. The intention is to make Nobles park a proper Aire this year. There will be EHU and toilets and cost will be around £10.

I'll keep you posted.
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Wow that's fantastic news. We've already booked tickets for 2023 Practice Week, though I suppose it will either be suspended or rammed then!
Well done - let us know how it goes.
Gpat

Post by Gpat »

Sadly the aire will be right bang in the middle of the TT campsite. As you say it will be full of the competitors caravans, tents, race Van's and motorhomes.