Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Mabgcbk

Possible Overnight Stop Near Driffield, East Yorkshire

Post by Mabgcbk »

We are new to Campra, but thought we would let you know we contacted our local Sports/ Community centre last month to suggest they might consider offering overnight stops. They did initially reply to us expressing an interest and we directed them to the CAMpRA website. We have heard nothing since but thought you might appreciate the info. The chap I communicated with was the Secretary- Ian. The location is Hutton Cranswick Sports & Recreation Club, Rotsea Lane, Hutton,, East Yorkshire YO25 9QG.
Eddiey

Re: Possible Overnight Stop Near Driffield, East Yorkshire

Post by Eddiey »

Thankyou for the post.
If they have never done this before it can be a little daunting. I will try to find someone nearer than myself to follow up. If unable to I will follow up.
Mabgcbk

Post by Mabgcbk »

Brilliant, thank you. We think it has good potential.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Has been passed on to Andy Beck who is more local.
AndyBeck

Post by AndyBeck »

I've found a contact for Ian Sanderson at Hutton Cranswick Sports & Recreation Club - huttoncranswicksra@outlook.com so will drop him a line there. There seems to be no phone number unless you know oherwise.

Andy
Mabgcbk

Post by Mabgcbk »

Sorry, we not very good at checking in with posts, but just seen your post re contacting Ian. This is the email he gave us to contact. - i_sanderson@hotmail.com
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

I think Andy has touched base with them, keep an eye on here for updates.
You should get notified automatically.
If not go down below and click the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" then USE the email link to make sure you get further posts.
AndyBeck

Post by AndyBeck »

Hi yes, I've chatted to Ian this morning - as you say the site has plenty of capacity and potential for facilities.
Well done for having kicked this off!

I have recommended to Ian that they start small with a planning exemption certificate for up to 5 vehicles, offering no facilities and relying on an honesty box for funds. This is mostly because although they have a clubhouse with toilets, showers etc., they don't yet have a plan for making these available overnight or for any waste disposal facilities. I mentioned that Craven council uses their carparks on a similar basis.

He has a meeting later today at which this will be discussed.

I'll update here when I know more.

Cheers

Andy
AndyBeck

Post by AndyBeck »

Update:

Hutton Cranswick Sport & Recreation Association (HCSRA)

I called the HCSRA manager to see whether CAMpRA could assist any further: below is a summary of what he said.

HCSRA have decided to go ahead immediately and apply for the motorhomefun planning exemption so that they can operate as a no-services stopover aire for up to 5 vans. In due course they would like to become one of CAMpRA's accredited aires.

They also have some facilities installed as part of their support for a touring cycle / camping event which might form the basis of a service point in future.

Their concerns are
1/ the sewage connection - a holding tank automatically pumped into the main sewer: can formaldehyde (blue) chemical be used?
2/ will investment in providing camper services payback?
3/ (contrariwise) would running a successful aire / service point detract from the association's main aims?

Thanks to Mabgcbk for initating this.

Andy
Steve

Post by Steve »

Andy, is this a possible location for CAMpRA support? Is a a charity or community group?

1) We can provide a waste point with volunteer repayment from revenue generated.
2) We have volunteers who would assist including a builder/plumber who can install a waste point
3) We have direction signs that Craven Council can erect in their other car parks if that is required.
4) We can assist them to raise funds with a voucher scheme (advanced payment for overnight stays by purchasing a voucher)
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team