Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Janet Mason

Mr Moos, Skipsea

Post by Janet Mason »

We have been touring East Yorkshire and spent a couple of nights on the CL at Mr Moos Icecream Farm. They are a seasonal campsite, but we noticed that there overflow carpark is set up with water tap, drain and even EHU. So I sent the following email, and a link to the new winter aire in Lincolnshire.

Hello we recently stayed in our motorhome on your CL site. We enjoyed our stay very much. We noticed that you are only open from April to September, and we also noticed that you have a water point and chemical disposal point in your overflow car park. We tour in our motorhome all year round, and we are always on the look out for a safe overnight stopover, and , even more importantly, somewhere to empty our waste, and fill up with water. I am a member of Campra, an organisation which promotes “aires” (safe stopovers for motorhomes). It strikes me that you are already set up for a winter only aire, which would be great for the numerous motorhomes on the road in winter, but also would be an additional revenue for your business. Motorhomers would be happy to pay £10 per night just to park for the night (no camping behaviour), you can stipulate the number of nights, but this is usually no more than 2 nights, and you could charge £5 for passing motorhomers to empty their waste.
May I suggest that you look at the business hub on our website for more information? The leaders of Campra have great experience of supporting businesses and local communities in setting up a aire. I have included a link to the business hub on the website below.
I really hope you take this on, as we would love to visit you in the quieter months!
Thanks again
Janet Mason

https://campra.org.uk/business-hub/

Hope they look into it!
Janet