Steve thought you might like these emails I've received back from Wilts country councillors

Gloucestershire Wiltshire
Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Johannabeim

Steve thought you might like these emails I've received back from Wilts country councillors

Post by Johannabeim »

Jo,

Note Mere Salisbury Street Car Park has toilets and is free. It is leased by Mere Town Council from Wiltshire Council. I as Wiltshire Council have always welcomed lorry drivers and caravan/motorhome overnight stays, it gives the local area more security. Many years ago a lorry driver prevented a burglary. I wish you all the best with your project.

Regards,

George

You are epic. What an amazing experience. Sometimes we will find somewhere very remote. Big night sky's.

Sent from my Huawei phone

-------- Original message --------
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021, 19:35
To: Jo Beim <beimmeup@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Motorhome provision
Yes. It was a dare! They produced 'Camp mode' so that you can keep warm at night. I mentioned it to my daughter and son in law, who said it was no good to me!

I bought a blow up bed that fits the back and away I went! Wet wipes all over and changing in remote places is probably too much info! I found free chargers too, so very cheap week! Not much sleep as it was not dark until midnight and light again at 4am!

Some very good chats with folk in motor homes or camping. Very enjoyable.

Challenge completed! My partner joined me for our usual week in a wee house in Aviemore, in week 2.

Ian

Get Outlook for Android
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 7:10:10 PM
To: McLennan, Ian <Ian.McLennan@wiltshire.gov.uk>

Scotland is really embracing motorhome stopovers now. This is totally in response to the number of motorhome tourists and the underprovision for them. Many places in Scotland have recognised the economic benifit and have responded to the demand.
Sleeping in the back of your Tesla. I salute you.
Jo

Sent from my Huawei phone

-------- Original message --------
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021, 17:53
To: Jo Beim <beimmeup@hotmail.com>
Thank you.

Having spent a week in the Scottish Isles and Highlands, sleeping in the back of my Tesla, I saw lots of motor homes.

Best wishes

Ian

Dear Jo,

Many thanks for your email. As a ‘double hatted’ councillor, also sitting on Devizes Town Council, I have already seen the report presented to DTC and supported the proposal at last weeks meeting to support the aims of your project In principle. I believe the town council will be asking Wiltshire Council Officers to explore the potential of providing overnight motorhome spaces and I will support them in those efforts. As all the Wiltshire Council Car Parks in Devizes are in my division I will keep a close eye on this issue as it progresses.

Kind Regards

Iain
Hi Jo,

Thank you for your email.

I have already been made aware of this issue because the Wiltshire Caravan Club came to Calne this year on their annual tour. They stayed up at Atwell Wilson Motor Museum and talking to the caravaners they were so happy to be there.

You have made a good point that when planning our Christmas events we should consider how those in motor homes can park.

Regards

Cllr Sam Pearce-Kearney
Councillor

Calne South Division

Wiltshire Council
Subject: RE: Motorhome provision

Dear Jo

Thank you very much indeed for your email.

I think this is an excellent initiative and I wholeheartedly support it. I do walk through the Station Carpark first thing in the morning sometimes with my dog and regularly see motorhomes parked up.

I certainly agree that we should, as a town and a county council, be encouraging their visits to our fabulous town and county.

It will amuse you to know that early next year my wife and I are taking delivery of a VW Grand California 680 and we plan to be spending quite a bit of time exploring both the UK and Europe over the coming years, so we will definitely be checking out your website.

You have my full support.

Best wishes,

Simon
Dear jo

Fully support this initiative.

Regards Paul
Jo

In addition to Wiltshire Council, I am also a member of Devizes Town Council and as you may be aware, this matter was discussed at DTC this week. I am fully supportive of this initiative, and will do all I can to progress it within Wiltshire Council.

Regards, Kelvin

Councillor Kelvin Nash

Devizes East

Chairman, Devizes
Dear Jo,

Thank you for letting me know about this project – sounds really interesting. Please keep me updated on your progress and let me know what I can do to help.

Laura Mayes

Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Education and Skills

Deputy Leader

Wiltshire Councillor for Bromham, Rowde & Roundway

‪07855 819 343‬

PA Support – Paula.Tucker@wiltshire.gov.uk