Area-specific forums

Announcements
AndyC

Area-specific forums

Post by AndyC »

Would it be a good idea to specify the counties that are in each area? It would help ensure that topics are posted in the right places.

For example, I see that there are posts about Blenheim (Woodstock. Oxfordshire) in West Midlands. Oxfordshire is definitely not in the West Midlands! Most often it's categorised in the South East region of the UK.
Steve

Re: Area-specific forums

Post by Steve »

They were just set up as general areas to separate into more manageable groups.
It would need some considerable work to identify and list each area. Unless we just find a copyright free regional map?

We added Lincolnshire campaign group as requested by a member, and I see that South has been added.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Abingtom

Post by Abingtom »

Attached is a list of the regions used by ONS and the associated counties; could we use this? I would propose adding a 'South' area made up of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire and IOW; South East and South West are already large and are likely to be 'busy' regions.
Attachments
English Regions by County (ONS).pdf
(25.09 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for this, it is on our leadership meeting agenda for tonight as to the structure of the forums.
I will update you on the decision.
The aim is to keep it simple for members who are not used to using forums, the search function is very good so we may not need regions for general topics.
The hidden forums are regional campaign groups where members in an area can work together to coordinate activities in the area. Only members of the group can see them so these can be set for any area i.e. Oxfordshire Campaign Group.
We have set up a Lincolnshire one from a request from members.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Counties have been added to each forum description for clarity, hopefully this will make it clearer.
We are looking at ways to make members aware that we have hidden campaign groups if members wish to join.
Ecogeek

Post by Ecogeek »

Hiya how can I get access to Mersey group or chat it appeared in the menu and I can't find it now
Sorry newbie to the website
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Merseyside is in the north West Group viewforum.php?f=12