Fife

Regions In Scotland
Steve

Fife council say 3m spacing

Post by Steve »

post from Graeme Braid.
Fife Coast and Countryside trust are saying 3m spacing.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Fife council say 3m spacing

Post by Steve »

post from Graeme Braid.
Fife Coast and Countryside trust are saying 3m spacing.

Reply regarding stopover at Lomond hill's in Fife.

Thank you for your email regarding the use of Motorhomes at East Lomond Carpark (Mast Carpark) and Craigmead Carpark which I will try to answer.

If your vehicle has a valid MOT, is taxed and insured you are permitted to park overnight in an Unregulated Public Car Parks which East Lomond and Craigmead Carpark are. However, these carpark and location were only ever designed to facilitate daytime usage and I would not want to encourage a hybrid car park/camp sites at peak periods something that this site will never be designed for. It’s worth noting that a motorhome falls within the definition of a caravan in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and the Caravan Sites Act 1968 (amended). Therefore, any individual or organisation offering overnight stops for motorhomes in the UK must do so in compliance with the Caravan and Control of Development Act 1960. Without a license or exemption, individuals and organisations are breaking the law. Therefore, historically many carpark owners (private & local authority) have erected signage at their Unregulated Public Car Parks to forbid what many term as Freedom Camping. Thus, being seen to indemnify themselves from breaching legislation and to dissuade overnight parking.

Freedom camping without the landowner’s permission can be dealt with by civil law action in relation to the vehicle/operator owner, however this can be costly and counterproductive as the process takes time to implement and, freedom camping is transient by its nature. In layman’s terms legislation is out of date and change is long overdue.

In the future we are we are looking to implement a scheme for both sites that permits limited overnight parking to motorhomes using a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) system for a small fee and we are currently in the process of drawing down funding to make some adaption. This will possibly help facilitate service for the disposal of black waste, grey water and overnight access to the toilet blocks. However, we must undertake quite a bit of groundwork prior to this being achieved. The PCN scheme is designed to prevent a free for all and unsafe overnight parking practices as I am sure many motorhome owners have witnessed at a number well know locations in Fife.

Therefore in the meantime should a service user wish to park overnight at any given location I would ask that the consider the following: 1) Is the road to my destination easy to use (Craigmead & East Lomond are challenging) 2) If there is already 3 Motorhomes on site is it acceptable to park over night 3) Take all your waste home (The bins and our resources are only designed for day time users) 4) Sites such as Craigmead and East Lomond do not have palatable drinking water 5) When parking overnight make sure you are 3 metres away from any other motorhome. In addition to the considerations Motorhome users must not dispose of any Black or Grey Waste into the toilet blocks, outside drains, ditches, rivers or streams.

Please feel free to post this on to any social media platform or forward to any third party however I would request that my email is not abbreviated or summarised and should anyone have any further questions to contact me and I will endeavour to respond.
Biggarmac

Re: Fife

Post by Biggarmac »

This is the contact details for the Fife coast and countryside Trust.

Please feel free to post this on to any social media platform or forward to any third party however I would request that my email is not abbreviated or summarised and should anyone have any further questions to contact me and I will endeavour to respond.
Yours Sincerely
Robbie Blyth
Head of Operations - Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
Email: robbie.blyth@fifecountryside.co.uk
Telephone: 03451 55 55 55 ext. 444981
Mobile: 07940774065
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

Good discussion with Robbie Blyth. Fife C & C have some funding to put in facilities for us. They are still at the planning stage but it all looks very positive.
AndyBeck

Post by AndyBeck »

Stumbled across Larick campsite, just opening up near Tayport, opposite side of the bay from Dundee.

Okay, just another campsite but importantly for us, this one is happy to offer water services for £5.

Staying is a little more at £20/night but facilities are state of the art and there's a cafe next door.

https://larickcampsite.org.uk/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Andy can you add to Searchforsites as a campsite offering waste point please?
If yiu have a photo of the sign showing waste point available I will add it to our gallery?
arthur49

Re: Fife - Kingsbarns Motorhome Aire

Post by arthur49 »

Correspondence with Robbie Blyth, Fife Coast and Countryside Trust:

Arthur Davidson <arthur_liz@yahoo.co.uk>
To:
Robbie Blyth

Tue, 26 Oct at 15:52

Good afternoon Robbie

If you look down the page you and I communicated constructively almost two years ago and I'm hearing great reports about campervan provision improvements in Fife. Because we are next door in Bridge of Earn, we've not visited yet, though we will!

I am now one of the Leadership Team in CAMpRA - Campaign for Real Aires, and I'm pleased to see Kingsbarns Motorhome Aire is now CAMpRA Accredited. Congratulations.

My colleague Steve Haywood wrote to the generic email address on 12 October and I've copied his email below. Could we talk about the possibility of providing a waste point and fresh water tap? A survey of CAMpRA members last year revealed that most would pay up to £5 to fill with fresh water and empty their tanks and cassette toilet - my wife and I happily pay this.

Whilst CAMpRA is a not for profit registered business, there are no paid employees, we are all volunteers with many years campervan experience. And we're not looking for money, we simply look to assist in getting improvements.

Arthur Davidson
CAMpRA Leadership Team
Tel 07999022366

Steve Haywood's email here:

"From: Steve Campra leadership team <steve@campra.org.uk>
Date: 12 October 2021 at 10:41:56 CEST
To: Mark Edgecombe <edgie63@googlemail.com>
Cc: ask.us@fifecountryside.co.uk, Meg Macdonald <meg@campra.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Kingsbarns Motorhome Aire

It is nice to see a community providing facilities for touring motorcaravans as a group campaigning for these facilities in the UK we are trying to assist communities and charities to install a waste point, these are much needed and prevent any illegal emptying.

Mark has recommended you for a CAMpRA Accreditation which will be processed and you will receive star rating and certificate.

We have a few options to help you with installing a waste point, supplying a unit, possible labour to install, ideas on how to raise funds be issuing advance vouchers.
We will promote these via our 26,000 string Facebook group and our associated group Searchforsites with 184,000 members.
We operate as volunteers.

Regards
Steve Haywood
CAMpRA UK Ltd

Not For Profit

Campaign for Real Aires UK

www.campra.org.uk

CAMpRA UK Ltd is a Private company limited by guarantee without share capital registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 13405866

Registered office: 14 Kelly Road, Waterlooville, England, PO7 5ULE
END

{I've removed my previous corr with Robbie Blyth as its not relevant to the current dialogue]
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Robbie Blyth phoned.

Meeting him on 9 Nov 9am to visit 5 sites where he has secured funding for waste points. He wants to discuss proposed works. Some have septic tanks and others have mains sewer.

In addition he tells me they are looking at providing more overnight stops since Kingsbarns for example has 8 overnight moho spaces but there's usually more than that parked up.

Also thanked us for the CAA.

Further emails following phone discussion:

Thats great Robbie see you on 9th. In the meantime here is a document you may find interesting, detailing various waste point options from basic to continental style bornes!

I am NOT a plumber, my expertise is as a seasoned campervanner.

Regards

Arthur
Tel 07999022366

On Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 12:12:11 BST, Robbie Blyth <robbie.blyth@fifecountryside.co.uk> wrote:

Good Afternoon Arthur

Thanks for your email and subsequent phone call .

Its great that we have been recognised for our efforts though it would be remis of me to not advise that it has been a challenge but one we welcome. As discussed I would be delighted for you to pop over to Glenrothes on the 9th November and to look at a couple of the sites we have that will be able to facilitate sustainable overnight parking. To gauge the views and technical / practical advice from the CAMpRA leadership team would be most helpful. I look forward meeting you at the Pitcairn Centre, Moidart Drive, Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 6ET on the 9th November (09:00) and please don’t hesitate to contact prior to our meeting should you wish.

Kind Regards
Robbie Blyth

Head of Operations - Fife Coast and Countryside Trust

Email: robbie.blyth@fifecountryside.co.uk

Telephone: 03451 55 55 55 ext. 444981

Mobile: 07940774065
Steve

Post by Steve »

Great news Arthur, we have a volunteer group with a plumber who may assist in return for staying overnight 👍

Also we can supply waste point signs to point motorcaravans to the waste points.

viewtopic.php?t=1380
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

This is just a very brief interim comment on my meeting with Robbie Blyth of Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) this morning. He took me round several locations in Fife where overnight parking is permitted and where waste points are being proposed.

He is very much on our side and looking to constantly improve moho facilities. I've sent a draft wording to him of my proposed post for our FB Group as he's keen to get exposure without causing problems in the communities where improvements are being proposed. He is a member of our Group.

We discussed our proposed MS for Aires and he now has a copy and I've asked for feedback.