Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Sian

Bath P&R

Post by Sian »

Hi - I’ve just sent a very long email to the cabinet members at BathNES suggesting the following:
A) allowing motorhomes to park & sleep at Odd Down Coach Park for a limited time such as 48 hours (with a charge)
B) allowing motorhomes to use the water & waste facilities at Odd Down Coach Park (with a charge)
C) allowing motorhomes to park & sleep at Lansdown P&R for a limited time such as 48 hours (with a charge)
D) enabling motorhomes to use the water & waste facilities at Lansdown P&R changing facilities (or adding new service points) (with a charge)
E) actively promoting Bath as an all year round destination for short stay touring motorhomes using the P&Rs for up to 48 hours - and so avoiding the CAZ

I’ll let you know what I hear back!
Sian
Steve and Julie

Re: Bath P&R

Post by Steve and Julie »

Let's hope for a good response were booked into the marina camp site in July and it's £35 a night. So a cheaper option would be great and would surely get plenty of use.
Sian

Post by Sian »

I’ve just had a response from Bath..... I resent my email this morning as the Council has just had a big reshuffle - and the new Cllr responsible for transport has come straight back....

I’ve gone back to her asking for how I (or we) can help with regard to information etc that they need - and also suggesting that opening the (empty) coach park (and it’s services) to motorhomes could be the easy quick win

I’ll post as soon as I hear back.
————————————————————————-

Thanks Sian, really appreciated.

I had already been sent this and have had preliminary conversations with my colleagues.

I accept that this is a great idea, and would love to be able to have the resource to investigate it further. However, in the opening up of the City again, a lot of the economic development activity and team, including tourism, is already incredibly stretched on the projects they are currently working on.

I will put it in the mix for future consideration, but would prefer to be upfront about the possibilities currently.

Kind regards

Cllr Manda Rigby
daviesic

Post by daviesic »

Maybe time to look at this again!
Steve

Post by Steve »

They need our briefing document and details of Durhams new Park and Ride Aire
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team