Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Marilyn

Bude and Looe

Post by Marilyn »

I was in Bude yesterday, noticed new "no overnight parking" signs had gone up and also noticed that there is an ideal location alongside the Visitor Centre for seasonal overflow parking which allows motorhomes during the day but not at night. Emptying and freshwater facilities could easily be installed at the end of the existing toilet block so I have had another crack at Cornwall Council.

Looe is crying out for an aire and, although there has been stubborn resistance so far, I have had another go at the Council re the Millpool car park which has oodles of space and an existing toilet block, so easy to add to.

I may not be successful but it's all grist to the mill.
Steve

Re: Bude and Looe

Post by Steve »

Stick at it Marilyn, remember you can now mention that the BPA support the idea of overnight parking (Aires) as a way to manager the increasing motorcaravan tourism and to attract business to local shops and restaurants
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Maddog

Post by Maddog »

Hi, I think the rugby club is a prime site. It's only a short walk from the town, picturesque & must have facilities. I've tried contacting them via their Facebook page a couple of times but they are not reading/replying. Does anyone have any direct contacts for them?
Marilyn

Post by Marilyn »

I'm still having a go with Cornwall Council and my latest exchange of e-mails is not too hopeful. They just don't get it but I think they may change their tune if they are inundated with vans this summer. I can't seem to attach the relevant emails - will work on it.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cut and paste is the easiest way with emails
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team