Attachments
Taste of British Aires template v2.docx
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Puffin Croft Petting Farm

Post by Steve »

After watching Ben Fogle on “New Lives in the Country”
I sent this email to Cara in the hope she could entertain us and us her! If this is not a good idea please feel free to cut me off. (After reading it many times before sending, I realised the grammar and spelling could have been better, sorry that’s lack of education on my side)

Hi Cara,

My name is Jeremy (Jez) Cartwright. I live way down in the Midlands (Kingswinford nr Dudley).

I just watch Ben Fogle’s “New Life In The Country” featuring your self and Puffin Croft Petting Farm.

I was truly taken back at your resilience and determination to follow your dream.
You took this new life on with out so much as whisper of knowledge on animal husbandry ( sorry that may seem a little sexiest but I don’t know the female term)

It’s wonderful how you have diversified your business and developed ways to increase your income.

What an inspiration you are to other like minded people.

You may have already thought of this but I’ll give it a mention. Have you got space to creat an Aire (similar to Europe, France in particular) parking place for Motorhomes?

Motor homing in the British Isles has taken off in a big way, even more since the beginning of Covid 19. Most motor home users prefer to travel around this beautiful countryside of ours more so in Scotland due to the fantastic scenery and welcoming people. Unlike Caravaners who prefer staying at campsites for several days/night thus requiring showers/toilets and possibly entertainment and all the requirements of home, where as motorhomes tend to steer away from campsite as most have their own facilities aboard their vans, staying in one place for one day/night maybe two. Most Motor Homer will be prepared to pay to stop over for a nominal fee (usually £10 - £15 per night, according to what motorhome facility’s are available)

An Aire usually will provide Waste water (grey), Elsan (Black water/waste) and clean water facilities. It’s not as daunting as it sounds to implement.

I understand you use Facebook ( reference was made during Bens program) if so go to Campaign for Real Aires UK - CAMpRA. This will give an insight to what Aires really do and possibly supply. Look at Announcements, Topics, Files, Recommendations. Your hopefully find all you’ll need to know there.

You could also do “Working Weekends” ( not just weekends) where people work on the farm for cost of stop overs?

Your shop turn over could also benefit as we need to purchase food for our journey along the way.

This can only be a win win situation for you and your prospects visitors.

If you would like to know more or how, please feel free to contact me or any one else on CAMpRA

With kind regards
Jeremy (Jez) Cartwright.
Steve

Re: Taste of British Aires

Post by Steve »

Using the link to find uk farm shops I sent emails to local farms using the TBA template.
110A1C40-F5AE-4A85-960B-9B29A808C98B.jpeg
110A1C40-F5AE-4A85-960B-9B29A808C98B.jpeg (633.65 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
Janet Mason

Post by Janet Mason »

I have just sent an email to a farm shop near where we are staying in Norfolk. Sent them the template, fingers crossed for a positive response. I added a foreword and postscript to the template as follows:

Hello,
We often shop at your farm shop, and also eat at your cafe when holidaying in Norfolk. We stay in our motorhome on campsites, but often what we need is just a place to park up for the night whilst travelling onwards. We would like to make you aware of an income generating opportunity that I think would be great for you as you recover from the pandemic, and in the future:
Template
I would like to stress that providing this facility for motorhomes would not take business away from local campsites, which would be far from my wishes, as friends own a campsite local to you. It is a little bit like having a 5 star hotel and B&B on the same street - they attract different customers at different times.

I do hope you will consider this opportunity. I would encourage you to look at the Business Hub on the website. If there is anything I can help you with, please contact me on the email above.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Example of a successful visit from a Motorcaravan owner who suggest they operate an Aire 👍
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1213
Steve

Cider Farms

Post by Steve »

Cider farms, been in Devon so decided to try some Cider farms.
Emailed below so far.

Vigo press
Norcotts Cider
Bollhayes Cider
Sandford Orchards
Four Elms fruit farms