Official Reply West Lindsey District Council (Lincolnshire)

Derbyshire
Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire
Rutland
Northamptonshire
Lincolnshire
Zoe

Official Reply West Lindsey District Council (Lincolnshire)

Post by Zoe »

Following my emailing campaign to elected members at District Councils across Lincolnshire I have had my first official reply. I will be following up, sending CAMpRA’s Sustainable Motorcaravan Tourism Strategy (again) and letting them know that they can contact me and/or refer to the CAMpRA website resources for further information.

This was sent to me by Cllr Anne Welburn:

“The development of the Visitor Economy in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire is a strategic priority recognised within the Lincolnshire wide Industrial Strategy and Covid Recovery Plans. Throughout the pandemic WLDC have worked hard to support our businesses within the Visitor Economy, which are part of the reason our area is so attractive for members of the motor home community. Just prior to entering the first lockdown, we were working with Business Lincolnshire to establish a Pub Development Programme – the aim of which was to support local pubs / visitor attractions to develop their accommodation offer, including making provision for camping / motor homes. This is something that remains on the agenda to be picked up this year.

In addition, whilst responding to the emergency has been our priority, we have appointed a Business Support Advisor, to work specifically with the Visitor Economy sector businesses and as a result we are starting to see many planning applications for expansions to camping, caravanning and motor home provision across the district. Working alongside this we have reviewed the effectiveness of current Local Plans policies around supporting the Visitor Economy and when the Regulation 18 consultation draft is published at the end of June, I am hopeful that the updated policies will provide an even clearer framework and commitment to enhancing provisions across this sector.

I really appreciate the comments and the sentiments around the opportunity of the motor homes community to add such value to our Visitor Economy.”

Thank you for contacting us about this matter, I have shared your details as requested and hope that you are able to share your experiences going forward.

Thanks
Anne