East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Eddiey

Hartlepool

Post by Eddiey »

Hartlepool.

Having a SOTHO organised by Janet at Hartlepool refreshed my memory of just how much the harbour area alone has to offer motorhome tourism.
I took some photos of some ideal bits of land and have emailed NPS the parking company involved . This should only be a start of contacting various bodies including the harbour commissioners, local council, MPs, land owners and any others we can think of.
Tajmall

Re: Hartlepool

Post by Tajmall »

Hi, I was talking to people in Hartlepool Rovers Rugby Club last night and they were very interested. The problem is they are only open 3 days a week.
They do have a combination lock on the gate, and expressed a possibility of somebody being available outside of opening hours. Do you think this is worth pursuing?

Tracey
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Definitely worth pursuing.
3 days open is perfectly acceptable.

Also bear in mind it is extra onsite security for the club when MHs are parked up.

Could you set up a phone line pay /booking system where they would be given bank transfer details and supplied with entry code?

Is there a nearby business that would take payment for you as it could attract business for them, a bakers/general dealer/newsagent etc? Kullars Central Stores?

Some combination locks can be recoded so over time different combinations are possible?

Waste/water points are easy and inexpensive to set up when these utilities are close by.
Steve

Post by Steve »

At rugby clubs like Aberystwyth you email payment and they send you the gate code.

The site has total control on when they allow overnight stays, details will be put on Searchforsites and a request to call ahead of arrival for the code gives them total control.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Tajmall

Post by Tajmall »

Hi, sorry, don't really know how to use the forum. I sent the Rugby Club the details, and they have just phoned to say they want to go ahead. I have put it into the NE FB messenger, as somebody there said they will be able to help with the application etc. I think her name was Janet, if someone knows how to contact her?

Cheers
Tracey
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

I will pass on your message to Janet who lives in Hartlepool.