Motorcaravan Laundry Points

General Information post not for specific country or area
Steve

Motorcaravan Laundry Points

Post by Steve »

Please feel free to add locations of Laundry facilities.

Jacquie Dougan https://www.revolution-laundry.com/our-locations/
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Sian

Re: Motorcaravan Laundry Points

Post by Sian »

I’ve messaged the Green Welly to ask if we can stop overnight, drinking water, waste etc - and pointed them to the CAMpRA website. It sounds like lots of people do use it already but would be great to add it to the list.

Need to get people looking out for new ones before they are put in - that would be perfect time to add other service points?

Actually - I’ll email Revolution and see if they are interested.....
Sian

Post by Sian »

Or has anyone already contacted revolution re adding a motorhome service point to their offering??
Sian

Post by Sian »

I’ve just sent a message to Revolution UK suggesting that they could add a motorhome service point to their UK offering, noting that in France they are normally co-located at the supermarkets where there is a service point at the petrol station - also that they could add value to their current franchisees, projects underway and sales leads by suggesting that by adding a drinking water tap and waste they would greatly enhance their offering to the 300k + Motorhomes currently I also pointed them to the business hub link.

Will post when I get a response....
Sian

Post by Sian »

Re Green Welly - I’ve checked S4S and they are not on there - but there are 2 campsites in the village and a pub stopover literally next door. There also was a stopover at the tourist office - but that’s now a restaurant and overnighting is now not allowed.
Somebody had suggested that they might be concerned that adding to s4s would mean they are over run - so perhaps a 5 van Aire is an option for them?
I’ll suggest that when I get a response to my initial message....
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sian, did not have signal so was unable to contact them. If you get to speak to them they may also be interested in manufacturing a simple borne for the UK if they can do a laundry machine and others then a borne with NO EHU should be easy
LizM

Post by LizM »

Personally, I can't imagine the Green Welly as an Aire. The car park is not that big and its usually totally packed with traffic (and jammed up as the access in/out is poor).
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think its more important that we get the company to look at installing waste points as well as the laundry as a model.
This way we will get a network of Waste points
Sian

Post by Sian »

re Green Welly - yes, as others have pointed out, they do NOT want to become ‘a destination for campervans’ so I think re Green Welly I think the topic is closed. And re waste they say ‘cost is too high’. As there are campsites nearby, and they don’t want to compete, I think ‘ok’.

I haven’t had a response from Revolution yet - hopefully that is far more important. They could be fantastic for a water/waste point like there is in France.
Sian

Post by Sian »

@steve

I’ve just received an email from Revolution - but they appear to have misunderstood my email!

They say that they have “emailed the website” - which I assume is CAMpRA.org.uk

Just in case it’s not spotted the email is from Elliot.poston@photo-me.com who is the Revolution business development manager for Scotland.
His mobile is 07989556367

I’ll email him back but hopefully someone that understand the technical aspects can get in touch with him?

I’m really sorry for passing back but am currently isolating and getting freaked out by covid! So am not in the best place to have sensible conversations at the moment.