Supplementary Guidance for Caravans - Western Isles

Regions In Scotland
darrener

Supplementary Guidance for Caravans - Western Isles

Post by darrener »

The Western Isles Planning team has issued new guidance on caravans -as part of a consultation process. As far as I can see, they are still lumping in campervans and motorhomes with caravans as per 1960 Act. There is no reference to Aires, but one positive change is that there are now circumstances (for 5 or less units) where chemical waste disposal facilities are not mandatory.
https://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/planning-an ... ultations/
Steve

Re: Supplementary Guidance for Caravans - Western Isles

Post by Steve »

This is interesting as our proposed model standards for an Aire recommend that waste points are not required on every site and this is the first time that I have seen a planning department recognise that.
However I cannot see how it works for a caravan, towing with a full toilet cassette is unsafe ?

The document also talks about ground works etc but if there is an existing car park no ground work, laying of roads or access issues exist as they already have planning consent.
This is the major point that they seem to not understand.

We are not asking for a campsite but just to park overnight where we are already allowed to park during the day and presumable until 23:59.

If its a new Aire on farm land then it will require the same planning.

But the way to go is the 5 van exemption that is mentioned.

You do feel they have missed an opportunity.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Biggarmac

Re: Supplementary Guidance for Caravans - Western Isles

Post by Biggarmac »

This is supposed to be draft guidance for consultation but there does not seem to be anywhere to send responses.

There is no mention of exempted sites. There are some in the OH so I am surprised that no mention has been made of them.