Hoping to Open a New Aire Near Fraserburgh

Regions In Scotland
CeciliaFreer

Hoping to Open a New Aire Near Fraserburgh

Post by CeciliaFreer »

Hi, We’re on the North East 250 route with sea views across the Moray Firth just outside the historic town of Fraserburgh with its amazing sandy beach, heritage museum and Scotland's Oldest mainland lighthouse. We are hoping to get our aire up and running this summer, for up to 5 campervan/motorhomes (we have obtained our exemption certificate through Motorhome Fun). We’ll be offering parking for £5 a night, and are well located with a supermarket and food outlet just a short walk away. It would be great to know if people think they would use us, and if so hopefully someone will fill in a CAMpRA form for us. We’ve travelled extensively in the UK and have been grateful to many who have provided safe overnight parking so want to give a little back by opening up our large unused yard in front of our home, an old granite fishermen’s cottage. It was lovely to see Meg MacDonald @biggarmac this week who popped in to check on our progress, which currently involves clearing our hard standing area ready for marking out, setting up a nice bench seating area and lime mortaring our granite walls around the yard.
Do let us know what you think. This is a new venture for us and so exciting and a challenge at the same time!
Cecilia and Greg
Cecilia Freer
Glenbuchty Stopover Motorhome Aire
Fraserburgh
Steve

Re: Hoping to Open a New Aire Near Fraserburgh

Post by Steve »

Sounds great, I assume you or Meg have added it to Searchforsites?
If you need some help we are trialling a CAMpRA volunteer group, the idea is they will provide labour or assistance in exchange for being allowed to stay on site.
If you are interested in giving it a try let us know?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
CeciliaFreer

Post by CeciliaFreer »

Steve wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:07 am Sounds great, I assume you or Meg have added it to Searchforsites?
If you need some help we are trialling a CAMpRA volunteer group, the idea is they will provide labour or assistance in exchange for being allowed to stay on site.
If you are interested in giving it a try let us know?
Hi Steve,
I haven’t put it Search for Sites yet as we’re not quite ready to welcome anyone, and wasn’t quite sure how to show it linked to CAMpRa in the categories list as I use the app. The CAMpRA volunteer group idea sounds great - would love to have a bit of help preparing the area. We own the headland opposite too so with a bit of strimming could make that a nice area to sit and watch the wildlife - seals, oystercatchers and the occasional dolphin or whale! Do let me know more details please.
Attachments
0C767004-478C-49C1-BBF7-947C328CEC51.jpeg
0C767004-478C-49C1-BBF7-947C328CEC51.jpeg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 2220 times
38C4F61A-B6B0-41E9-B8A8-28740CCC4C50.jpeg
38C4F61A-B6B0-41E9-B8A8-28740CCC4C50.jpeg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2220 times
Cecilia Freer
Fraserburgh
Keithhep

Post by Keithhep »

Hi Cecilia and Greg
Sounds great and will come and see you at some point, thank you.
Some of our family came from Fraserburgh (many moons ago) and it's a part of Scotland I love.
Keith
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Cecilia, this is the link to the topic, its a new idea so not tried it yet.
Send me a pm or email on steve@campra.org.uk.

If you have somewhere they can park
Decide on what dates
What needs to be done (even admin tasks)
And how you prefer them to make contact?

I suggest you limit it to invitation only so you do nit get random vans turning up.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1380
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Is this Glenbuchty Cottage, MF CL just outside Fraserburgh?
CeciliaFreer

Post by CeciliaFreer »

AndyC wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:52 pm Is this Glenbuchty Cottage, MF CL just outside Fraserburgh?
Goodness Andy, impressive detective work - that’s us. Are you linked to Motorhome Fun then?
Cecilia
Cecilia Freer
Fraserburgh
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

CeciliaFreer wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:39 pm
AndyC wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:52 pm Is this Glenbuchty Cottage, MF CL just outside Fraserburgh?
Goodness Andy, impressive detective work - that’s us. Are you linked to Motorhome Fun then?
Cecilia
No not connected to Motorhome Fun, but you are on their map which is freely available (www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/showcase/c ... fun-cl.40/) and were mentioned on the forum here back in May: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1222&p=3759

I also have you listed on my own website (www.ukmotorhomes.net/uk-stopovers/uk-stopover-listings) - just edited to say that you're not yet open!
CeciliaFreer

Post by CeciliaFreer »

Thanks Andy that’s brilliant, and thank you for including us on your website too. We should be open shortly - just lime mortaring our renovated stone walling 🥴. I’ll post again once we are.
Cecilia Freer
Fraserburgh
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

It was lovely to see you and the great place you have. I've not put it on Search for sites yet as I know you have a bit of work still to do (builders merchants willing). The postcode is not very good for finding you. Co-ords and / or what three words would be good to add to your entry when you do it.
Meg