Advice request

General Information post not for specific country or area
Eddie.Ceri

Advice request

Post by Eddie.Ceri »

Hi everybody,

Firstly Happy New Year, lets hope we all get a chance to get out in our Motorhomes this year!

Secondly, after having too much time on my hands I've started thinking about how my local area, the Malvern Hills, could be improved in order to attract more Motorhome users.

The ideas I have are:
  • Contacting the District Council to consider overnight parking in their 12 Carparks in and around the Hills.
  • Contacting Supermarkets to ask them to consider overnight parking in their substantial car parks
  • Contacting the local petrol stations to consider including a grey waste point in the forecourts
  • Contacting the same local petrol stations to see if they would consider including an LPG facility on their forecourts
  • Contacting the same local petrol stations to see if they would allow access to an external water tap at their forecourts
I would happily take any advice on letter content or personal pointers if anybody has tried either successfully or otherwise in their areas.

Many thanks

Brian
Steve

Re: Advice request

Post by Steve »

Hi Brian, Happy new year.
If you check the resource files on the website you will find supporting document and templates that you can modify to suit
The best approach is a personal email introducing the benefits and offering to supply further advise, once you make contact follow up with our strategy document and explaining CAMpRA.

You may want to check out the topics on tourist routes which many LA’s seem to be responsive to.

Spend a few moments checking out the documents and familiarising yourself with them as these will give you some useful background information
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Louey

Post by Louey »

Hi

Eddie, have you had any response to letters or emails at all? I was in Malvern at the weekend and notices signs in their small carparks (they looked very flimsy and temporary-ish) saying no overnight parking. The main long stay car park also states no sleeping overnight, but I thought it had been set up for allowing it.

I've just been browsing their Visitor Economy Action Plan and can't see any evidence of Overnight Parking plans.

I'll get writing too 8-)
Louey
Louey

Post by Louey »

Written to ecodev@malvernhills.gov.uk and added links to the Strategy Documentation and gave details of successful setups like Lytham St Annes. I would have mentioned some of the Scottish ones, but I sadly haven't been able to experience them firsthand, yet!

I also added about how difficult it is for someone with mobilty issues to have to move from a campsite miles away to a town centre/tourist attractions when they could be sited in the town centre to start with- and of course the financial gains from being there.

Come on folks, get writing too :)
Louey