Llandudno

Regions in Wales
Steve

Llandudno

Post by Steve »

Message sent to Llandudno tourist office.
This is first step to get some facts to send to the council and media.

We were hoping to visit Llandudno during a tour of North Wales in September but have read that new No Motorhome parking restrictions have been introduced.
Searching on your site shows no touring caravan sites?
We can find 1 space availability on a site over 5 miles away but obviously as our motorcaravan is our only means of transportation would be unable to visit.
Can you please advise if motorcaravan owners are welcome to visit Llandudno ? Or do we need to cross your town off of our list?
It is very frustrating being retired and feeling alienated for simply trying to visit and support our UK businesses but we are being forced return to crossing the channel where we feel welcome.
With over 389,000 UK motorcaravans this is over £1 billion per annum spent locally being rejected by the UK.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Re: Llandudno

Post by Steve »

Received a very prompt and encouraging reply and they forwarded my form to the council tourism development officer who also replied very quickly.

The good news is that Conwyn council are now in touch and engaging with CAMpRA and they are actively looking at way to provide facilities going forward.

We will update you when we get further details.
Aljamsom

Post by Aljamsom »

That's brilliant news. Let's hope they act on it.
Aljamsom

Post by Aljamsom »

I meant to add something.
I noticed an article from the Daily Post last week. The report was a picture of laundry drying over a fence and a motorhome in the background.
The motorhome owner had parked on the road at the west shore where there are no restrictions moment.
I feel there is a real need to approach the local media and ask why there is this animosity towards motorhomers and parking.
The Daily Post are just stiring up resentment for whatever reason and creating negative feelings towards us.
This bad press needs to be addressed.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I agree this needs to stop but whilst it is annoying CAMpRA as a campaign group is very busy promoting the benefits of Aires, which we believe is the best way to manage parking in unauthorised places,when we have Aires with clear rules on what is allowed, then can they be enforced.
Please feel free to contact the media and explain that we have a code os conduct and this sort of behaviour is not acceptable to the majority of motorcaravan owners.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Anyone able to contact and visit this site?

Looks like they are half way to being an Aire, although it says 'car parking'? Maybe worth a contact to see if they are willing to go further?
"We have a large car park behind our distillery and are offering free 24 hour car parking to anyone who arrives for a tour. Book a tour online here: https://www.penderyn.wales/tours-llandudno/ 🙂❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🥃"