Attachments
antrimaire.jpg
antrimaire.jpg (484.09 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
Motorhome Parking Ireland
https://motorhomeparkingireland.com
Steve

Re: Antrim Guardian newspaper

Post by Steve »

Great article, sounds very familiar just a shame no mention of CAMpRA and how we are supporting the campaign
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Ally

Post by Ally »

Steve wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:15 pm Great article, sounds very familiar just a shame no mention of CAMpRA and how we are supporting the campaign
Yeah, should of done. Will next time. 👍

You know what it's like talking to journalists, you think you've covered it all.

However I don't campaign with Campra, we have been doing our own for ten years, some of us longer. But as said previously I have absolutely no problems helping and working together.

I could of added that we have your support also though. Hmmm maybe we should join together more, I'll give it some thought if you can also. Pm me.
Last edited by Ally on Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ally its not a problem feel free to use whatever as you say we share information, it was not meant as any criticism just saying its a shame it did not mention CAMpRA as we are supporting the campaign in NI and Eire.
We are in communication with councils and tourism in NI and supporting your actions as you know.
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

A great article, and congratulations to Ally Onion for it.

we have the individual Facebook Motorhome groups, like The Irish Motorhome Group (IMG), Total Motorhome Ireland (TMI), Motorhome Friendly Locations Ireland, and Motorhome Craic to mention a few, where individual members are reporting on these groups, of locations they think would be great for Aires/motorhome service points.

Then we have CAMpRa, it s new sister group Campaign for Motorhome Aires Ireland, Motorcaravanning Ireland, and The Motorhome Council all targeting Local Councils and Governments to provide the required and needed services.

I have just looked at motorcaravanningireland.org There is a lot of good useful information here, all set out from the Home Page.

Their mission is To draw together information in the public domain on issues connected with the use of motorhomes , for example.
Legislation, Regulations and Bye-laws.
Press reportage
Events and developments which may impact on the freedom to get full use of the benefits of owning a motorhome.
And, using such information act as a lobby group on behalf of all motorhome users to foster a better understanding of the Motorhome Tourist sector, its infrastructural requirements and the economic benefits it can bring to an area.

I see the similarity of Motorcaravanning Ireland and CAMpRA. AND it would be great to see both sides working together as we move forward with our aims.

Ally, Does The Motorhome Council, have a website, as we see the NCC is more geared towards the interests of the Manufacturers, Dealers, Distributors, Suppliers and Services providers, and the Parks owners. rather than the 'End users', US.
P Simpson
Steve

Post by Steve »

Paul, CAMpRA have had discussions with “campaign for motorhome Ireland”
And with the Director General of the NCC and I can assure that they are interested in motorcaravan owners.
We are happy to to work any group campaigning for Aires in the UK and Ireland.

Watch this space.

Ally now has access to the NI Campaign group so we can communicate.
Ally

Post by Ally »

The Motorhome Council "MCINI" is run off Motorhomecraic website, in one of our private groups. Will we have a website with more information and a code that we will be adhering too? We sure will, plus more. It will piggyback motorhomecraic.com - Ireland's original dedicated Motorhome community and will be the main hub for Ireland & NI for councils to make contact etc.

43 million visitors, totally searchable posts and information and not locked in a non searchable free Facebook group is the way forward, we believe. Forums are the way to go and always have been IMO, Facebook posts are dead posts, they have their place, but only in that instance, after that they lose traction.

The Motorhome Council is our latest effort of bringing everyone together, many attempts have been made in the past. We have already had huge successes in the past but it's very difficult creating a totally inclusive environment.

I'll correct one thing, Motorhome Craic is not a Facebook group and hopefully never will be. We value our privacy too much. We have a Facebook page but that is it. I personally do not rate Facebook groups, data is not owned, it's a free service where the only winners are Facebook themselves. They can delete your community on a whim, not searchable by search engines, posts dissapear in seconds. Valuable resources are lost.

Campra website is great, a good website with a proper forum
👍😁

Sorry I'm ranting...

Steve, thanks for the add, I'm just at the beginning of a 2.5 week holiday so will talk to you all when back.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Ally, we agree 100% thats why we have the website, open forum and private groups.
Whe you are back maybe we can arrange a zoom meeting with our leadership teams?
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

Ally,

Thanks for the response to my query. Appreciated, as I am not often on motorhomecraic.
Enjoy your holiday.
P Simpson