Canal and River Trust

This is a place to post on organisations that cover all of the UK.
Steve

Canal and River Trust

Post by Steve »

Another attempt to engage with the Canal and River Trust

Good morning, our group who are campaigning for safe overnight parking for self contained motorcaravans have a number of members who are happy to work as volunteers for the canal trust.
All that we ask is a place to park overnight in their self contained motorcaravans whilst working with you.
We also have associations with a litter picking group who will visit sites to clear litter and rubbish.

So what is in it for our members who care about our environment and heritage?
As we have all have onboard facilities we only require a place to park overnight.

By working as volunteers for organisations like the canal trust we hope to demonstrate how allowing motorcaravans to stay at suitable locations can benefit the trust financially.

As a group we have tried to suggest that allowing of overnight parking or providing waste points for a charge as a way to raise considerably revenue for the trust but this has been dismissed without even a discussion which is very disappointing.

Please feel free to contact me
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
jsmith770

Re: Canal and River Trust

Post by jsmith770 »

Hi Steve,
We were at Ellesmere Port Museum and I was talking with a volunteer who is relativelynew to motorhoming. I told her about Campra and she has spoken to her manager and at his behest is looking in to whether an Aire can be provided at this site. Where one leads they all follow hopefully.
She has used the website and is doing quite a bit of work by the sounds of it. May I point her in your direction?
Steve

Re: Canal and River Trust

Post by Steve »

Hi Jane, feel free to pass on our details, we are happy advise them or have a meeting to answer any questions.
If you pm me I will give you my contact details.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team