North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Eddiey

Stokesley Sports Club

Post by Eddiey »

Stokesley Sports Club

FOA The Chairman and Committee Members.

My name is Eddie Yarrow, I am a director with Campaign for Real Aires (CAMpRA) a not for profit company on Facebook. We also have a website CAMpRA.org.uk and a Forum, access is via our website.
I recently left my CAMpRA card with I think your Stewart and said I would follow up with this email.

Do you have space to park up to 5 motorhomes overnight at your club premises?
Are you interested in earning up to £18,000 per year from parking and offering fresh water and toilet waste facilities?
As an extra earner, do you have a bar or restaurant facilities that motorhome occupants can use?
Are you interested in having some free security for your premises?
All of the above can be had by establishing an Aire (overnight parking for motorhomes) at your club.

What is an Aire?
An Aire, is simply a name for an overnight parking area for self contained motorhomes/campervans.
Normally there is no camping behaviour allowed on an Aire. All activity takes place within the motorhome, however, it is your land and your rules apply. This includes opening times/days. If you have to lock the premises with gates that is not a problem either.
We have found that having motorhomes parked overnight also adds to the security of that area and has stopped anti social behaviour, theft and fly tipping.

How can you achieve this?
By establishing an overnight parking area for motorhomes using an Exemption Certificate, which allows up to 5 motorhomes to park without the need for planning permission, 365 days of the year. The online application form is available on our website. There is currently no charge for the certificate. Aire Planning Exemption – MotorhomeFun Support

What is needed for an Aire?
A level area for parking. Hard standing is best as wet grass can cause problems, but is still acceptable.
The Aire would be even better with the addition of fresh water and waste disposal as below.
A self contained motorhome needs to replenish water every 3 to 5 days so it would be helpful if they had access to fresh water and an area for disposal of grey waste (shower/ washing water), and black/toilet water normally stored in the vehicle in a cassette.
If you do not have these facilities in place there is an inexpensive guide on our website on how to do this or I can help you with this.
Electricity is not necessary.
Installation fees are very low and you would recoup this cost in a very short time.

Motorhomes travel all year round, so the maximum income available at say £10 per night is £18,000.
If you have a bar/ restaurant onsite then I have no doubt these will also be used and earn extra income.
There is an enormous need for Aires in the UK and also waste disposal, service areas.

As well as having the Aire you could also charge £5 for a motorhome self service (without overnight parking), which normally takes an owner 15 minutes to complete. There is also the possibility that you attract them into your restaurant while they are there.

Aires are an excellent way for your club to earn extra income which would help fund the club. This is a common practice in Europe and now being taken up by sports clubs in the UK.

I can not overemphasise the need for Aires in the UK, it is largely a hugely untapped market.

I am quite happy to guide you through the process and be contacted via Zoom or phone should you need further information, or I can travel and meet any of your representatives on site at your club. All our information is free , there are no charges.
Best regards,
Eddie Yarrow

Sent from Mail for Windows