Motorhome Dealers - Scotland

Regions In Scotland
arthur49

Motorhome Dealers - Scotland

Post by arthur49 »

Please post progress and updates here rather than on Facebook page. If you are in Scotland don't just "Like" the Facebook post - get emailing.

Today I emailed the attached template letter to all Scottish motorhome dealers except where it was a Contact Form rather than an email address - I may have missed some, if so let me have the name and email address and I'll include them.

Its a pity email addresses I have are rather generic eg "sales@" but its better than nothing.

A list of dealer email addresses is also attached. If you are in Scotland, get emailing - its all there for you ..... and don't forget to point out to your dealer that you are a customer!

Arthur
Attachments
Dealers.odt
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Letter to Dealer 2021 v3 (1).docx
(157.37 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Eddiey

Re: Motorhome Dealers - Scotland

Post by Eddiey »

I wish more would do this.
I wrote to all dealers in the North East England, only two replied saying they did not have room for an Aire.

So I have a better plan.
They may not have any room, but they could help finance setting up waste points in the UK, by digging into their pockets and offering a donation.

If we can have a central fund and then offer to pay a reasonable amount to anyone that has a small business, to install a waste/water point.
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Ten days after emailing I've not had a single response ........................ positive or negative. I'll try speaking to the top dog at the two largest dealers up here, Perthshire and Knowepark.

I see the docs I posted have been downloaded 14 times. Anybody else have a progress report?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Don’t forget to use highland campervans in Inverness as as example of how they use it to attract customers
https://www.highlandcampervans.com/moto ... vice-point
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
arthur49

Re: Motorhome Dealers - Scotland - Knowepark Caravans

Post by arthur49 »

Letter sent to Alan Laing, Director and General Manager, Knowepark Caravans - they already have the standard dealer template letter:

"Good afternoon Mr Laing

I am a previous customer with a campervan and we tour all the year round.

You will be well aware of the massive increase in motorhome sales in the UK recently!

You will also be aware of "dirty camping" caused by an inconsiderate minority, in particular the emptying of cassette toilets in bushes, grass, rivers etc. This I suggest, will impact motorhome retailers and hire companies, if restrictions are imposed throughout Scotland, such as height barriers and "No Overnighting" signs.

One of the great attractions of motorhoming in Scotland is the ability to stop overnight in many places other than formal sites. Restrict that ability and the attraction of motorhoming reduces.

European countries have a network of Aires and CAMpRA are campaigning for similar in the UK.

Are you prepared to create a grey and black waste disposal point at your premises and access to a fresh water tap for passing motorhomes - who could also be attracted to visit your showroom, shop and cafe? A CAMpRA survey last year indicated that most motorhomers would be prepared to pay up to £5 for a service stop.

Are you prepared to allocate a few spaces in your car park for overnighting? This could be a good security measure - some occupied vans overnight.

Please check out the following CAMpRA link, in particular click on the Business Hub tab. We would really appreciate support from dealers for our campaign.

https://campra.org.uk/

Also check the link below. Highland Campervans provide a service stop.

Yours sincerely ....
Last edited by arthur49 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

I am holding my breath waiting for the answer!

Would you mind if I use some parts of your letter , as I am writing to a larger organisation asking them to persuade their members to do just this and at the very least contribute towards a fund to establish waste points. Even if they do not have the space for an Aire, there should be no reason why they could not make a financial contribution, after all it is in their interest.
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Eddiey wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:42 pm I am holding my breath waiting for the answer!

Would you mind if I use some parts of your letter , as I am writing to a larger organisation asking them to persuade their members to do just this and at the very least contribute towards a fund to establish waste points. Even if they do not have the space for an Aire, there should be no reason why they could not make a financial contribution, after all it is in their interest.
No problem use anything of mine you want
Steve

Post by Steve »

Eddie don’t forget to use this example
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
arthur49

Re: Motorhome Dealers - Scotland - Perthshire Caravans

Post by arthur49 »

Email to Perthshire Caravans today - they already have standard dealer template letter:

"For the attention of Ian McCormack, Director

Good morning Mr McCormack

I am a previous customer with a campervan and we tour all the year round.

You will be well aware of the massive increase in motorhome sales in the UK recently!

You will also be aware of "dirty camping" caused by an inconsiderate minority, in particular the emptying of cassette toilets in bushes, grass, rivers etc. This I suggest, will impact motorhome retailers and hire companies, if restrictions are imposed throughout Scotland, such as height barriers and "No Overnighting" signs.

One of the great attractions of motorhoming in Scotland is the ability to stop overnight in many places other than formal sites. Restrict that ability and the attraction of motorhoming also reduces.

European countries have a network of Aires and CAMpRA are campaigning for similar in the UK.

Are you prepared to create a grey and black waste disposal point at your premises and access to a fresh water tap for passing motorhomes - who could also be attracted to visit your showroom and shop? A CAMpRA survey last year indicated that most motorhomers would be prepared to pay up to £5 for a service stop.

Are you prepared to allocate a few spaces in your car park for overnighting? This could be a good security measure - some occupied vans overnight.

Please check out the following CAMpRA link, in particular click on the Business Hub tab. We would really appreciate support from our dealers in this campaign.

Yours sincerely ......
arthur49

Re: Motorhome Dealers - Scotland - Dyce Caravans

Post by arthur49 »

Email to Dyce Caravans today; they already have standard template letter

"For the attention of Iain Cumming, Director, Dyce Caravans

Good afternoon Mr Cumming

We are enthusiastic motorhomers over many years. Retired, so we tour all year round, often when most formal sites are closed.

One of the great attractions of motorhoming in Scotland is the ability to stop overnight in many places other than formal sites. Restrict that ability and the attraction of motorhoming also reduces.

Sadly Aberdeen and its immediate surrounds has zero facilities for motorhomes, and, as exiled north-easters, it would be great if our home city could become motorhome friendly. I saw an email recently from an Aberdeen City Council official stating they were disappointed at the low numbers of staycationers visiting the city and I'd suggest if you don't provide facilities then don't expect your share of the motorhome tourism market?

Are you prepared to create a grey and black waste disposal point at your premises and access to a fresh water tap for passing motorhomes - who could also be attracted to visit your showroom and shop? A CAMpRA survey last year indicated that most motorhomers would be prepared to pay up to £5 for a service stop. This relatively simple facility would be a great incentive to come off the AWPR and spend money in the area, rather than continue north, south or west.

Are you prepared to allocate a few spaces in your car park for overnighting? This could be a good security measure - some occupied vans there overnight.

Please check out the following CAMpRA link, in particular click on the Business Hub tab. We would really appreciate support from our dealers in this campaign, to our mutual benefit.

Happy to chat if you wish. My number is below.

Yours sincerely