Isle of Gigha

Regions In Scotland
VWann

Isle of Gigha

Post by VWann »

Does anyone know who owns s the car park at the ferry terminal on Gigha? There appears to be no parking restrictions on it. There are public toilets there. It would be a good place for an Aire, especially as there are no campsites on Gigha.
arthur49

Re: Isle of Gigha

Post by arthur49 »

See my post (Arthur Davidson)of 6 June on Facebook page. Thats exactly where a campsite/Aire is being created, largely funded by the Rural Tourism Infrastructure Fund (RTIF) :D (Can't get link to work!)
VWann

Post by VWann »

Thank you. That's good to know. Hopefully it will be ready for 2022.
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

VWann wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:24 pm Thank you. That's good to know. Hopefully it will be ready for 2022.
Should be. I spoke to one of community stalwards, can't remember his name, but his wife takes your money on the ferry! Anyway he said it would be ready next year at latest
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Just for completeness here is update from my FB post after we visited Gigha in June:
"UPDATE: No work has started on the camping and motorhome site to be located very close to the ferry terminal. As a non-engineer looking at the site, a lot of ground levelling will be required. No idea of numbers it could accommodate but it will be small with EHU, water, black and grey waste disposal."

And from the Gigha website (updated since we were there):

http://www.gigha.org.uk/Campsite