Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire
Rutland
Northamptonshire
Lincolnshire
Madcaravanner

Chesterfield

Post by Madcaravanner »

I have just emailed the Tourism department of Chesterfield Borough Council to try and open discussions with them.

I have identified a number of car parks that may be suitable all within minutes of the town centre there are some that are unusable due to them being sloping ground but hoping I get an answer

Can't attach an map as the board won't let me says limit is 50 MiB but file is only 2MB
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Re: Chesterfield

Post by Madcaravanner »

Getting ready now for stage 2 as I have had no response (except the autorespond that says they've got the email )

So now will email ALL the councillors as well pointing out their faults and I will head for the Chamber of Trade and local Rotary as well

Wish me luck
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

With thanks to Steve I have "pinched his letter form for North Derbyshire starting with Chesterfield going to also send to NE Derbyshire DC as well

Hello,
I would like you to consider this  how to help our towns to recover from lockdown

There are over 386,000 Motorcaravans in the UK and 82% travel year round.
Mostly owned by older travellers the estimated annual spend in local shops, pubs and restaurants is over £850 million.
Derbyshire towns can benefit from a share of this revenue to support your local businesses by simply encouraging touring Motorcaravans to visit y

Centre bit edited out for this post

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these further so please feel free to contact me to discuss further or feel free to download documents from our website  (www.campra.org.uk)

Regards
Graham Wilson
AKA Gray
The Madcaravanner
 A disabled Motorhome Tourer

This has gone to
tourism@chesterfield.gov.uk
and tourism councillor kate.sarvent@chesterfield.gov.uk
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

North East Derbyshire

Well what a shambles
there is NO TOURISM provision
there are no email addresses of councillors
there is no link to leader of the council

I have sent the same letter to the council with a request to be forwarded to a councillor

also added

I am a resident/council taxpayer of NEDDC and am surprised at the lack of tourism provision planning there is here

We will see what comes back as the first raft of emails sent to Chesterfield gave me - - -1 auto response only
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

Well North East Derbyshire District Council have forwarded my email to -- - Derbyshire County Council

Will be using the telephone tomorrow to arrange a meeting so annoying as I can see their offices from my house !!!!!
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

North East Derbyshire continue to block me from contacting a councillor directly

Derbyshire County Council gave me this reply to my forwarded email
Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Derbyshire County Council. I have forwarded your email to Councillor Barry Lewis who is the cabinet member for Strategic Leadership, Culture and Tourism for reply.

Regards,

Laura | Senior Customer Care Advisor | Call Derbyshire | Commissioning, Communities and Policy | Derbyshire County Council | Direct Dial: 01629 533190 | E mail: contact.centre@derbyshire.gov.uk | Visit us at www.derbyshire.gov.uk

Please address all replies to contact.centre@derbyshire.gov.uk

www.derbyshire.gov.uk/contact
Steve who did you get contact with ??
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

This cropped up on Facebook today
We are looking for residents aged over 45 to share their views on the development of our Love Chesterfield campaign.
A community focus group will be held on Thursday 25th March via Zoom.
The Love Chesterfield campaign is one that we have used for many years.
We are working with a creative agency to relaunch the campaign to support the economic growth of the borough alongside promoting the return of footfall, to and beyond, pre-covid levels.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the development of our campaign and provide your feedback to help shape the direction of the campaign.
We would be delighted if you could join us.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Lee Marples at lee@think3.co.uk
So I got writing
Good evening Lee 
My name is Graham Wilson (I'm known as Gray) .  I live in Grassmoor, and I travel a lot being retired (and Disabled) I use a motorhome.  I am at present part of a group called CAMpRA , our aim is to get places in the UK where motorhomes can park and stop-over for up to 48 hours, for a small fee of usually around £10 a night  (note that as of September 2020 there were 368000 motor caravans (how DVLA refers to a motorhome) registered in the UK alone).  Our group have done surveys of members on Facebook (where I found your address) the surveys show that motorhomers tend to spend up to £47 a day wherever they park up.  As touring motorhomes we don't need all singing and dancing campsites, just level ground and space to park up.  We use the definition that parking means we can use our vehicles as they were designed but not extend outside our vehicles footprint.  We find that we will require facilities every 3-4 days to empty our waste tanks ( Household drainage [grey water] and toilet cassette [black water] {note less than 9% of people use chemical additives now-a-days so the term chemical waste is a misnomer} ) and to fill our freshwater tanks, because as such we are totally self contained (note some smaller vans will not have the facilities of motor homes. Which we find we pay a small charge for the provision of such services in France that was 2€ for 100L of water and to empty our tanks. 
IF Chesterfield was to provide this as an Aire ( an aire is a place designated to park motorhomes for upto 48 hours ) then you would be encouraging their users to stop and not travel straight through to the Peak District non stop. At present a lot of motorhomers may only stop to replenish their food supplies and fuel at Morrisons according to my friends.  I can provide you with information on what we look for and construction suggestions for aires with examples of places already built and under construction.  
PLEASE contact me and I will provide whatever you need and even once lockdown has ended I can demonstrate what a motorhome actually is and how it functions 

Wonder what will happen ???
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner