Manufacturer Support - Wildax Motorhomes

General Information post not for specific country or area
arthur49

Manufacturer Support - Wildax Motorhomes

Post by arthur49 »

I wrote to Duncan Wildman, Managing Director at the end of August 2021. No reply so I followed that up today with this email:-

Hello Duncan

Wee bit disappointed you've not replied to my earlier email.

When we bought our Europa in 2019 we bought it because it could be used "anywhere, any time" and because it had 2 batteries, large heated tanks, solar panel, fully insulated it was "wild camping ready". (your words)

And we love the van - the bad news for Wildax is we plan to hold on to this one for a while yet, so no trade in from us!

Now thats the positive news. The not so good news is the unwillingness of some manufacturers/dealers to support CAMpRA - Campaign for Real Aires.

So what does that mean for Wildax?

Well in an ideal world create a few spaces in your car park for passing motorhomes to stop overnight. And/or create a waste water facility, black and grey, and fresh water tap for a small fee. Having been to Elland a few times I know you don't have the space, but if you move to larger premises, something to bear in mind?

But what could you do now? Support CAMpRA. That does not mean money.

How about some publicity / testimonial on your website and Facebook page? Surely that is simple and not a big ask.

The UK is really behind the times in providing motorhome facilities compared to Europe. If we can get manufacturers and dealers to support our campaign, isn't that to our mutual advantage?

CAMpRA is a private company limited by guarantee without share capital, not for profit, with 25000 members and a strong leadership team.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/13405866

And the links to CAMpRA are here

https://campra.org.uk/

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Tel xxxxxxxxxxxxx
arthur49

Re: Manufacturer Support - Wildax Motorhomes

Post by arthur49 »

Reply from Wildax below. Its something at least. Its on their FB page already. Maybe Wildax dealers will be more amenable since Duncan has posted support?
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500" width="500" height="543" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

https://wildaxmotorhomes.com/dealers/

"HI Arthur – thanks for the email – to be honest when I first read the email I thought it as a sales message – which I get lots of!

It is not something we would be involved in on our premises however happy to help promote and as such have put a post of our FB page!

Kind regards,

Duncan Wildman

Managing Director

WildAx Motorhomes"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well done Arthur, that is a result even if not the commitment we wanted.

I am interested that he read the email as spam trying to sell something?
Maybe this is why many are getting no replies.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Yes, I did wonder about spam and when I send anything I always try and get a name, which is why I started "Good morning Duncan". I have toyed with snail mail but cost and dodgy printer doesn't help. I usually edit the template letters. For info here's the one first sent to Wildax.
I think we should now build on this tiny success and approach the Wildax dealers - I'll get on with that in the next few days. Some maybe have more space in their yards or are prepared to sponsor facilities off their site

"Good morning Duncan
We are owners of one of your excellent Europas (2019 model) and like thousands of other owners we have experienced the freedom of touring throughout Europe where there is a network of Aires (overnight
stops and waste points for self contained motorcaravans ) .
Brexit and Covid have highlighted the huge demand for these facilities in the UK.
We are members of CAMpRA, the Campaign for Real Aires in the UK started will 200 members in July 2019 and has grown to over 25,000 to date plus support from other motorcaravan groups exceeding 600,000.
CAMpRA has recently been invited to join the APPG -Holiday parks and Campsites as sponsors representing our 389,000 UK registered motorcaravan owners.
We have had conversations with the NCC who are also stakeholders.
We have a lot of support from councils and government ministers but we really need the support of our manufacturers and dealerships to back our campaign to provide year round facilities to support touring motorcaravans.
Just having the name of a well respected manufacturer like Wildax Motorhomes would be huge and as this is a hot topic in the media at present is a great opportunity to lead the fight to manage
the problem with lack of authorised parking and illegal dumping of waste, and not only support the UK economy by encouraging motorcaravans to stay in the UK but build an infrastructure to welcome the 2 million European Motorcaravans to the UK once travel restrictions
are removed.
I would welcome an opportunity to discuss how Wildax Motorhomes can support our campaign and show the UK what a responsible manufacturer you are and proud to be a British Company.
Please feel free to check out our strategy document and others in our website business hub but please feel free to contact me by email or telephone
Campaign for Real Aires UK - CAMpRA"
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Don’t know if you know, Lowdons of Nottingham have an Aire on/outside their premises.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Arthur, is it time to send him our new press release?
And mention other dealerships looking to sponsor CAMpRA point waste point/Aire
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

We had a really good Funding Application Team meeting tonight Steve. Very positive proposals from us going forward which we are unanimous on.

You'll need to wait for those proposals Steve until next Monday, MD or not :lol: suffice to say I think we should hold fire until we've all agreed a way forward approved by the LT