Glenbuchty Aire on TV

Regions In Scotland
Steve

Glenbuchty Aire on TV

Post by Steve »

So, some exciting news.
We were contacted a few weeks ago by BBC Scotland’s Landward programme (a bit like Countryfile if you’re not familiar with it) as they’d seen Cameron McNeish’s Youtube video of 2 new Moray Coast Aires, one of which is our Glenbuchty Stopover Motorhome Aire, and wanted to run an positive article about the growth of such places rather than the more commonplace ‘dirty camper’ negative stories that the press have run.

Fraserburgh’s normal sunshine did not appear, and it was a wet and windy day, but hopefully during my interview with the lovely Dougie Vipond, in a sparkling campervan, I managed to get over some of the keys points as to why Aire style provisions are needed in the UK, and how CAMpRA is driving this forward. I know I’ll be cringing whilst watching this, but fingers crossed it will come over okay, please don’t judge if not ... who knows what points won’t have made it to screen, or will have lost context in the editing process. I hope I’ve done CAMpRA, and all of you who tirelessly campaign for or provideUK Motorhome facilities, proud. 🤞

The article is scheduled for this week’s episode, which will be shown as follows:
Thursday 23rd – 2030 BBC Scotland
Friday 24th – 2030 BBC One Scotland
Sunday 26th – 0915 BBC Two (broadcast across the whole of the UK)
Monday 27th – 1930 BBC Scotland
It will also be available on iPlayer.
Give it a watch and see what you think 😊
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team