Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire
Rutland
Northamptonshire
Lincolnshire
Cheesetoastie

Ashby de la zouch

Post by Cheesetoastie »

Hi, I am new to the group and live in north west Leicestershire. I can see from a couple of
Posts that some locations have been approached , but can I ask has anyone contacted the council with regards to leisure centre parking especially in
Ashby where there is perfect spaces behind
The library adjacent to the leisure centre?
arthur49

Re: Ashby de la zouch

Post by arthur49 »

I'm not familiar with Ashby, though we spent our honeymoon in nearby Moira but that was 47 years ago! Regardless of others writing or not writing, the more people who contact them the better. If you are a council tax payer make that clear - they're more likely to listen! You'll get Councillors email addresses on their website I expect. Template letters which you may wish to personalise are here:

https://campra.org.uk/letter-templates/

I've found the initial response from Councillors up here is "woolly" - so you will probably have to respond correcting misconceptions

Good luck.
Cheesetoastie

Post by Cheesetoastie »

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the advice,I am currently trawling the parking document which identifies the councils future plans for their car parks in the area, and will to identify who I need to approach

Moira not quite as glamourous as the modern day equivalent of the Maldives but just as memorable I’m sure 😊

The furnace and the area have had some regeneration, since the closing of the mines in the area, with a museum and some lovely walks, maybe you could come for your 50th wedding anniversary.

Many thanks
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi cheestoasty, we have an East Midlands campaign group if you would like to join?
I wrote to an Ashby councillor but got no reply, it would be a great place.
I think there is a no longer used car park on the edge of town?

Moira Furnace said no despite them having the odd caravan rally.

Had lunch at Jungle Madness on Wednesday and left them a card, they own the car park, seemed keen and have allowed the odd motorcaravan before. Nice place for a coffee and great walks.

I have been trying to get in touch with Moira sports club who have a perfect car park but no reply to emails or no answer to phone number.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Cheesetoastie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 am Hi Arthur,

......................, maybe you could come for your 50th wedding anniversary.

Many thanks
If you can get an Aire or at least improved campervan facilities you're on. We'll revisit Moira in 2024 :) :)
Cheesetoastie

Post by Cheesetoastie »

Steve wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 am Hi cheestoasty, we have an East Midlands campaign group if you would like to join?
I wrote to an Ashby councillor but got no reply, it would be a great place.
I think there is a no longer used car park on the edge of town?

Moira Furnace said no despite them having the odd caravan rally.

Had lunch at Jungle Madness on Wednesday and left them a card, they own the car park, seemed keen and have allowed the odd motorcaravan before. Nice place for a coffee and great walks.

I have been trying to get in touch with Moira sports club who have a perfect car park but no reply to emails or no answer to phone number.
Hi steve,
I have emailed the council environment team who look after the car parks, I will let you know if I get a response. How do I join the campaign group, as I am
Happy to help if I can.

My other suggestions for the area include the monastery and Staunton Harold/Foremark reservoirs I will look at how to contact severn Trent and pop into the monastery shop (possibly for a case of beer 😊) and leave them some info, as they started brewing to help provide an income.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cheesrostie.
I have added you to the campaign group.
These groups are only visible to members off the group which allows discussion of items in private.
Please post and introduce yourself you will find additional information on the forum.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team