Potential sites for Waste Point Funding

General Information post not for specific country or area
Steve

Potential sites for Waste Point Funding

Post by Steve »

Please post potential locations for waste points with contact details and a comment on the outcome of your approach and why you think these qualify for funding from CAMpRA.

Suggestions will only be considered if you have made contact first 👍
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Traceybarkwill

Re: Potential Waste Point Funding

Post by Traceybarkwill »

Blue Flame Sports Centre are in North Tyneside & border Newcastle. They are due to meet with directors to seek approval for opening as an Aire.

They are very positive, are not for profit (they aim to promote & encourage sport in the community).

They have the perfect spot for a, waste point but no spare funds.

They would be the perfect location for the first Campra funded waste point as they could open up the possibilities to others in the region.

They are next to the football training ground so a Campra plaque would, potentially, be seen by business owners in the area.
PamelaGibsonmy

Post by PamelaGibsonmy »

It all sounds so beautiful!!!
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Morpeth Cricket Hockey and Tennis Club.
A community run club.
There is a place for a waste point next to an outdoor toilet so should be an easy minimum cost installation.
Waiting for exemption conformation from MotorhomeFun.
No objection from planning.
Would be an example for other community run clubs to follow.
Jongood

Post by Jongood »

In other countries we are seeing increasing numbers of dump points set up at supermarkets and filling stations. Wouldnt encouraging this be a better quicker route? Tesco's et already have the infrastructure and have a vested interest in getting you in there - While one of you is doing the shopping the other can be filling with Diesel and water and emptying etc.

Super U seem to be big into it in France, Intermarche's in Portugal, MSA's in Italy etc
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

We have approached supermarkets and garages and garden centres to try to interest them in establishing Aires showing them how this works for the benefit of all. So far we have had little or no response but that doesn’t mean we will stop asking and more members need to take up that challenge showing them that we are customers as well.
Jongood

Post by Jongood »

I'm not suggesting overnight parking in supermarkets/filling stations etc I'm suggesting dump stations - obviously chargeable.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Trying to make it look an attractive or interesting option and get them to understand is the difficult part, hence trying to establish an Aire with or without services as an option for supermarkets would be better. Garages are more suitable for a waste point as they usually have the drains and water at hand.
Supermarkets have garages as well and could offer both.
Personally, I would struggle to persuade a supermarket to view this as they do on the continent.
Jongood

Post by Jongood »

Sorry to labour this but I think you are missing my point; To persuade an organisation to allow overnight parking for motorhomes is indeed difficult, its then made even more difficult when you are also trying to get them to invest in waste points. There are going to be places that are ok with the parking but not the investment.

Supermarkets on the other hand are only really interested in getting you into their store rather than their competitors. The main point of filling stations in supermarkets is to get you in that supermarket and hopefully you will do your shopping while you re in there, the same reason is why they are banging in EV charging points as quick as they can , they re not going to make much if any profit out of it. I think they could be persuaded that as the numbers of motorhomes have grown so much they could do more to attract them into their stores and a waste point is surely a good cost effective option, especially if they can then be listed on a website such as this, SFS, Camper Contact etc.

Clearly not all supermarkets would be suitable but I really do think that many of them would.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jongood, I think what you say makes sense, if yiu would like to start the ball rolling and make an approach to a supermarket chain you will get lots of support.
Aldi are planning lots of new stores throughout the UK as others are, Lidl allow it on the continent so could be a good start.
So a store with Revolution laundry and waste point would be even more attractive?

Give it a go and use the link to the new business hub for supporting documents and post a new topic in the forum so that members can follow.

https://campra.org.uk/business-hub/
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team